Author Topic: VPS numbering  (Read 3405 times)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
VPS numbering
« on: January 04, 2005, 10:02:21 PM »
This morning's VPS update was interesting in one way -- it was the first "new year" one since the numbering system was changed a few months back.

I had an interesting thought about the numbering, while contemplating the new look (and my navel  ;)) -- you've only allowed for ten updates per week, -0 through -9.  Admittedly, if things ever got so frantic in the wild out here that you needed more than ten, I suspect at that point even the most dedicated of the Alwil team would feel strongly tempted to throw in the towel and go looking for another line of work.  8) ;D

Best to all,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Pavel Baudis

Re: VPS numbering
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:44:54 PM »
I had an interesting thought about the numbering, while contemplating the new look (and my navel  ;)) -- you've only allowed for ten updates per week, -0 through -9.

Why do you think so? You have made wrong conclusion, because -9 is followed by -10 (as usual), so ALWIL team is not limited in any way  ;D ;D

BTW: When the 'ZERO' updates were made once a month, the number nine was passed quite frequently, so this is realy not new or unusual situation  :P

Pavel

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 11:14:12 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Pavel.  I guess I'm just accustomed to that kind of ID number having a fixed number of digits/characters, and it didn't occur to me you could have -10 etc.

But I still stand by my comments about if you ever need more than ten updates in one week.  I imagine that under those circumstances, it would be an "all leaves are cancelled" crisis, with cots brought into the office for everyone and no more than cat-naps for anyone.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 11:16:38 PM »
You should see the numbering of my HJT log analyzer ;D ;D ;D

That will really confuse you ;D ;D ;D

ps: Pavel, I hope they -9 (-10) is only the version number, and not the temperature in Celsius I get here ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 11:18:52 PM by Eddy »