Author Topic: Locate asks for permission to turn on GPS?  (Read 4627 times)

nairav

Locate asks for permission to turn on GPS?
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »
Hi everyone. I have a rooted xperia play r800i. I want to ask something.

When I tried to locate my phone using the locate command, it asks my phone if i want to turn on my GPS. Now if i deny it, i wont get location and instead avast sends me that the 'query was cancelled' or something like that.

1. Should it really behave like this? (it's somewhat pointless cause if i were a thief i'd obviously cancel it)
2. Is there a way that i can setup this so that it wont ask the phone first if it wants to turn the GPS on?

Hoping for your kind response.

Thanks.

nairav

Re: Locate asks for permission to turn on GPS?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:39:31 AM »
Is there no one out there that wants to help? Even mods? Please help me out.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
Hello,

your phone is rooted - is the installation also rooted? (check it by opening Anti-Theft -> "Help, System State, About" -> "System State" -> and there you have "Root Installation" (Yes or No)

We know about this issue on some non-rooted devices. That's why you can turn off "Automatically enable GPS".

Werner
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:09:24 PM by Werner »

nairav

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »
Hi Werner,

I guess your'e the mod for this issue since the other mod posted on some topics except mine. Anyway, thanks for replying!

I have a "Yes" on it. I also have "Yes" on GPS. Although i have Continuous Tracking as "Not Active", does this matter?

Regarding "Automatically enable GPS" it is disabled and i cant even tick the check box. It is also unticked currently. What should i do?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
I guess your'e the mod for this issue since the other mod posted on some topics except mine.

Hi,

that is correct. I usually reply in threads I think I can contribute to. If I think someone else is more fit to answer, I try to ping him or her to do exactly that :)

Filip

nairav

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »
I guess your'e the mod for this issue since the other mod posted on some topics except mine.

Hi,

that is correct. I usually reply in threads I think I can contribute to. If I think someone else is more fit to answer, I try to ping him or her to do exactly that :)

Filip

I see.. Thanks for the reply as well..

---------------------------------

I would like to follow up on this issue. I hope some mod or some member can help me out on this.

svehlak

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
Well, may be your phone does not have GPS set to on (because of battery exhausting) automatically, so please try to go to settings, location and security and try to set GPS on. Sony modified ROM has this feature and we probably are not able to force turn on GPS without this dialog (it could be some part of Sony security settings), but you can still use 4G/3G or wifi for localization. Please try it with the settings and let us know the result.