Author Topic: Avast free renewal after a year.  (Read 4007 times)

jackthecompguy

Avast free renewal after a year.
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »
Hello All... I am new to avast, formerly a Microsoft Security Essentials dude... I switched to avast on my primary machine because MSE kept causing problems, and MS as usual was unresponsive... That aside, my only big question before migrating all my computers/customers to avast is the registration. 30 Days before my 1 year is up it will give me a notification that my registration is gonna expire, am i right? So do i have to pay to renew avast free version for another year or not? If not, is there a limited number of years i am allowed to re-register for free? Also, i need step-by-step instructions on renewing, if possible.

Thanks
jackthecompguy

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast free renewal after a year.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
Obviously, you don't have to pay for the FREE version and I am not aware of any limit as to how many years you can continue to renew.

And yes, it will remind you of renewal.

My guess is there is no limit.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
Avast free is always free for home use, once registration is due 28 or 14 days ( cant remember ) the option to re-register will show in maintenance.

Dont forget to run the MSE removal tool, 23b in the list http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

jackthecompguy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »
Thanks craigb! Will do! I have made my decision that i will permanently move to avast!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
Thanks craigb! Will do! I have made my decision that i will permanently move to avast!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Good for you and welcome to the forum :)