Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: avast! Mobile Security 2 Beta ** [NOW UPDATED TO 2.0.2709]  (Read 116664 times)

uabgjn

Re: ** INTRODUCING: avast! Mobile Security 2 Beta **
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »
Hi,

After having some other problems with connecting my device to my Avast! account (these was sorted out yesterday by the Avast! team) I could finally load the latest version of Avast! Mobile Security (beta).

Since I prior to my installation saw this post about memory consumption I monitored this carefully.
I must say that the memory usage in total (for both AMS & AT) only increased by ~0,23MB:
- AMS lowered the memory usage by 0,41 MB
- AT increased by 0,64 MB

So far I haven't seen any problems with the new SW (using SE Experia Arc S).

/ Gunnar

puch96

Does anybody know when the public release will be available to download from Google Play store?
Or if I download the program as indicated in this forum, will it update to the public release version once available?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Does anybody know when the public release will be available to download from Google Play store?
Soon :)

Or if I download the program as indicated in this forum, will it update to the public release version once available?
I think it will be updated, but I'm not sure.
The best things in life are free.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
UPDATE
8/15/2012 - avast! Mobile Security 2 Beta 2 (2.0.2709)

Should I uninstall my current BETA's or can I install it on top?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
I think you can update.

phre4k

yanghuibian

Try the beta but has to turn back to LBE due to the missing privacy protection.

Nucleotide

So from my understanding, this beta will eventually replace Avast Mobile Security on Google Play?

Why are there two different apks - one for avast! Mobile Security and one for avast! Anti-Theft? At the moment, both of these features exist in the one product available on Google Play. When these come out of beta will they be available on Google Play as separate products or combined into one?

Sorry, but I'm just trying to understand if this is an entirely new product or a replacement for the current one.

Thanks. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
So from my understanding, this beta will eventually replace Avast Mobile Security on Google Play?

Why are there two different apks - one for avast! Mobile Security and one for avast! Anti-Theft? At the moment, both of these features exist in the one product available on Google Play. When these come out of beta will they be available on Google Play as separate products or combined into one?

Sorry, but I'm just trying to understand if this is an entirely new product or a replacement for the current one.

Thanks. :)
The only available program is and will be AMS.
The AntiTheft is downloaded within AMS and will be downloaded as a disguised name (and installed as this disguised name).
Right now, for the beta, you have the Anti-Theft file for download.

Well, if I'm wrong, hope someone from avast! team correct me.

Nucleotide

The only available program is and will be AMS.
The AntiTheft is downloaded within AMS and will be downloaded as a disguised name (and installed as this disguised name).
Right now, for the beta, you have the Anti-Theft file for download.

Well, if I'm wrong, hope someone from avast! team correct me.

Thanks for clarifying. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks for clarifying. :)
You're welcome.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
You are absolutely right.

Filip

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
We are out of BETA. Congrats  8)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster

Filip

Chahk

Trying to update the root installation of Anti-Theft beta from version 2.0.2553 to the latest one 2.0.2571 is failing.  The app goes through downloading the update, but upon restarting the phone the version has not changed.  Looking at the logcat reveals the following:

Code: [Select]
I/PackageManager(  318): /system/app/com.avast.android.antitheft.apk changed; collecting certs
D/AndroidRuntime( 3413):
D/AndroidRuntime( 3413): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 3413): CheckJNI is OFF
W/PackageManager(  318): Application package com.avast.android.antitheft already installed.  Skipping duplicate.

I only see the new Mobile Security on the Play Store.  I'd like to install only the Anti-Theft stand-alone module.  Where can I download the latest version so that I can push it to /system/app/ manually?