Author Topic: Antitheft device administrator can b removed easily without password protection  (Read 6514 times)

dr.m

Hello everybody, I noticed that anyone can remove the antitheft administrator easily by simply un-checking  it from the phone settings without asking any password confirmation first, I hope there is a fix in this problem. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:57:18 AM by dr.m »

reinhardholzner

you can lock the settings (protection behavior) which will apply whenever you mark the phone as LOST.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
But the thing is.. Anyone who lets say borrows the phone or anyone else for that matter could go to the manager and easily untick Avast as Device admin..
It doesnt take long.

duke7891

Yeah thats a good valid point. I think avast should work on this. This is a real issue and everyone knows what is device admin..

dr.m

I hope this issue will be solved soon as I appreciate Avast for the optimum protection and friendly use  ;)
Thanks avast for this good effort  8)

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
Like in the new beta2.. Go to device admin and it clearly says "Avast Anti-Theft" and not "Betabox Repository" as it does in the older version.
Just untick the box and its rights is all gone.. The thief can now just remove the battery and toss the phone.