Author Topic: Weird Message after installing Avast Home Edition  (Read 4537 times)

oooji

Weird Message after installing Avast Home Edition
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:34:48 AM »
Hi Guys,

Avast is a great product.

I have installed Avast 4.5 on Win XP pro. After that installation was finished and restarted the PC. Avast is complaining that I have Kaspersky Anti-virus is installed on the same machine.

Kaspersky anti-virus was not installed on the machine at all. I only have Kaspersky Anti-hacker installed. I am wondering what exactly is wrong with it.

The funny thing is that I have installed avast on a different pc that had Kaspersky  antivirus and the anti hacker installed previously a while ago and Avast worked like never before.   I just uninstalled the antivirus and kept the firewall.

Your help is appreciated.

Al

GYL

Re: Weird Message after installing Avast Home Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 11:40:55 AM »
Hi Ooji,wellcome on  avast forum.You have to uninstal anti hacker also,;this product is incompatible with avast:i had same problem ;after uninstal,clean with regcleaner

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 11:44:46 AM »
A small, easy to use regcleaner can be found in the download section on my website.
(click the link in my signature)

oooji

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 12:32:28 PM »
GYL, Eddy

Thanks alot.

How come the other pc have both Kaspersky anti-hacker and Avast working in harmony?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:56:46 PM »
Weird, there have been a number of posts that report conflicts with Kaspersky anti-hijacking and avast.

Perhaps it could be something to do with which program was installed first avast or kaspersky anti-hijacking or are they on different OS systems?. If kaspersky was their first avast thinks it is anti-virus because of the way it works and won't install to avoid conflict. If avast is installed and running ok and you install kaspersky anti-hijack, you may get away with it.

Give it a try, uninstall kaspersky anti-hijacking, reboot, and install avast (if that works ok), reboot and try to install kaspersky anti-hijacking.

Let us know how you get on?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

oooji

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 03:03:22 PM »
I did try that on a laptop and a desktop before I read your response and  guess what! worked on the laptop and didn't work on the desktop.

With the laptop all I did was uninstalling anti-hacker, restart the pc and installed avast and worked like charm. The desktop on the other hand didn't work at all I tried all possible ways. Maybe I should start thinking of an impossible way  ;D

I will give it a shot later on and see what happens, maybe the windows is screwed up    8) 

Thanks for all the help

Al

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 06:32:03 PM »
Computers, can't live with them can't live without them. I have seen similar problems on two PC supposedly the same, but react differently.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security