Author Topic: AntiTheft reinstall  (Read 5012 times)

MikeRD03

AntiTheft reinstall
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »
I've ran into some issue. When changing/flashing the ROM I had to reinstall the rooted Anti Theft installation on my Jelly Bean cell (system partition was formated). I only have the downloaded 2.0 beta APK files from you, but installing them I end up with an NON rooted AntiTheft installation. The installer do not ask for it.
As a workaround I used a 1.x Titanium Backup and installed the beta2 on-top of it - seems to work. Besides that the process name is automatically "Anti Theft" that might not be a good idea for hiding such a piece of software. ;-)

Another odd side effect of this reinstall is the automatic WEB registration with the Avast account. Despite there were minimal ROM changes and SIM/EMSI is still the same there is a "new" mobile in the WEB account. The old one stays there as a dead body and has to be deleted. It should be checked if the EMSI is the same in order to reuse an existing mobile account.

Mike

reinhardholzner

Re: AntiTheft reinstall
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »
the name "Anti-Theft" is just for the beta.

regarding the "dead body": did you pair a second time after installing?

MikeRD03

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
Dnno what you mean with "pairing". I used the login I got "pairing" the first time. This lead to a second device for the same mobile.

Mike

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
You can install antitheft beta 2 as a root - just download the last public version, install rooted and then install the beta 2 with -r parameter, it will only update the app keeping the data.
The web registration is part of the installer and you can connect using existing account or create new one; so just use the existing one. You can see the your device twice on the portal - in this case you should delete the old one and repair the actual. In case you are flashing new ROM no information will be held about the account.

MikeRD03

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »
I did USE "existing" account and ended up with two mobiles in my EXISTING WEB account - the ROM Update to Jelly Bean confused your account registration, obviously. Of course I already deleted the dead one.
The reason why you see two DesireZ is that I owe two DesireZ cells. And the reason why I have two identical mobiles is the old AntiTheft app and a prove that it' s working. ;-)

Mike