Author Topic: "No Cheat" Trojan  (Read 3690 times)

Sierra26

"No Cheat" Trojan
« on: January 14, 2005, 09:21:26 PM »
"No Cheat" Trojan was detected on my computer. The recommended action it said was to send it to the virus chest,  without deleting it or repairing it? After it was sent to the chest, I did a virus scan.. nothing was detected. Is it not still affecting my computer? I deleted the trojan from the virus chest already.. what are you supposed to do and am I still infected.. how do you know? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

galooma

Re: "No Cheat" Trojan
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 09:42:27 PM »
Hi and welcome sierra26,
the virus chest is reccomended for good reason in that it is safe storage . if you have deleted it and have no problems then thats great . If you want more reassurance give trend microhttp://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp(needs int explorer) or panda active scan a try http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
post back if you need futher help  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: "No Cheat" Trojan
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 01:57:33 AM »
I would recommend that you don't use panda's on-line as it doesn't encrypt its virus pattern file (that it downloads to your PC) and this leads to false positive warnings by avast and other AVs.

If you have moved something to the chest it is advisable to leave it there for a short time, whilst you investigate it and to ensure that the file you have moved has no adverse effects on your PC. Then you can delete it. If your first course of action is to delete it after sending it to the chest, you could then be faced with a problem if the file is required.

I would also suggest that you run hijackthis.

HiJackThis - Eddy's Website click the "HiJackThis Section" and also the "Malware removal instructions and applications" section and follow the directions there and get back to us if you need more help....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 01:59:11 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security