Other > Viruses and worms
HTML:iframe-inf infection
<< < (6/11) > >>
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 24, 2012, 04:41:08 PM ---The quickest check would be to re-run Combofix as it uses the recovery console files

Also to to check the system files I would need first to know if you have an XP cd

--- End quote ---

I ran ComboFix.  It took an hour to run.  I checked Bios and the "Yukon PXE" is gone.  I attached the log file.  However, the Recovery Console has changed and since the update I suppose and I didn't see:

Please Select Boot Device
  Floopy Drive
  PM-WDC WD3200JB-00KFA0
  PS-WDC WD1600JB-00GVA0
  SM_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500A
  Yukon PXE

Are there any other checks you need before checking my external USB TByte drive?  You mentioned "Also to to check the system files I would need first to know if you have an XP cd".  I do have a 2002 XP cd.  Is there a command to isolate the USB from the rest of the system while scanning it? 
essexboy:
Recovery console installed properly

To isolate the USB just disconnect it

Go start > run and type in the following command :

sfc /scannow

This will check your files
CAS159:
The USB has been turned off since this bug started.  However, I do remember I did a Boot time scan with Avast that night and when I came back in the morning the USB green light was turned on, my internal drives were disabled, and I had to go into Bios to enable them to reboot.
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 24, 2012, 07:39:55 PM ---Recovery console installed properly

To isolate the USB just disconnect it

Go start > run and type in the following command :

sfc /scannow

This will check your files

--- End quote ---

I executed sfc /scannow but I'm unable to find a report.
essexboy:
There will be no report for SFC unless it finds errors, then I will need to generate a report

Are you still experiencing the BIOS changes ?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version