Other > Viruses and worms
HTML:iframe-inf infection
<< < (7/11) > >>
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 25, 2012, 01:03:15 PM ---There will be no report for SFC unless it finds errors, then I will need to generate a report

Are you still experiencing the BIOS changes ?

--- End quote ---

No bios changes however I raised the supervisor password and Boot Sector Virus Protection.
I will lower the BIOS supervisor password and Boot Sector Virus Protection if you want me to do that?
essexboy:
No leave the protection on... But to be honest I can see no malware and that is atypical virus behaviour, as in reality it achieves nothing that is of use to the malware creators
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 24, 2012, 07:39:55 PM ---Recovery console installed properly

To isolate the USB just disconnect it

Go start > run and type in the following command :

sfc /scannow

This will check your files

--- End quote ---

I need the USB for backup today more than ever.  I'm starting an online business and data must be backed up to access the data from another portable computer if it is needed.  On this one terabyte drive is a lot of files, thousands of movies and tv shows, thousands of songs and pictures.  Only about 20gb are documents out of 930 gigabytes.  I have businesses waiting for my response and I can't risk an infected backup drive. 
The majority file space of movies, TV shows, songs, and pictures are not business related but I don't want to lose them.  Do you have an idea for the USB?

"No leave the protection on... But to be honest I can see no malware and that is atypical virus behaviour, as in reality it achieves nothing that is of use to the malware creators"

Besides the Bios changes I tried to print a adobe document using Sumatra and it came out with unrecognizable or exe characters.  Every time I tried to sava an image over the web those applications, FireFox, Snagit would stop responding.  I read it was identified as a Trojan. 
essexboy:
Are you able to save images via IE ?

I have no knowledge of Sumatra as I use Foxit
CAS159:

--- Quote from: essexboy on August 25, 2012, 04:20:59 PM ---Are you able to save images via IE ?

I have no knowledge of Sumatra as I use Foxit

--- End quote ---

I had not tried to save images via IE however, I thought the FireFox(Right click) "Save Image as..." was a function of the the explorer.exe.  On IE(Right click) "Save Picture as..." I never tried while I had the problem.
SumatraPDF is a reader, which if you just want to read multiple PDF file as in filing your taxes while writing to one PDF with Foxit writer.  Both are freeware. I drive a cab and I have to file multiple tax documents as a business. 
I have a start up business and when the credit union sends me a PDF to fill out I would rather type in data or paste it in with Foxit than print it in by hand and scan the document and send it back. 
I have to send documents for Telegraphic Transfers oversees and Foxit is better than writing that critical info.  Foxit you can only read one document at a time.  A lot of times you must have multiple documents up to get the info that co-relates.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version