Author Topic: Question  (Read 2573 times)

Datagg

Question
« on: January 18, 2005, 03:21:15 AM »
Hey yall wassup..............

Right off the bat, anyone who knows me here knows that I am a huge avast fan. Nuff said on that point. My reason for writing is for soem input on the trojan scanning, back door stuff.  I received a coupon tonight on this proggy http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/ at 65% off.

Now we all now what happens when we piggy back to proggys of the same nature on one comp. Yet, im wondering if that program would fall into that category. 

Does the scanning capabilty AVAST stand up to the proggy above? Would they conflict if on same comp. or is it just completely useless to purchase it...

Discuss..

Thanks

inthewildteam

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 03:29:12 AM »
I run Tauscan ver 1.6 and have no problems with it and avast!  I also use their firewall Outpost ... again with no conflicts

Quick edit

also use Adaware and Spybot se  on XP Pro and haven't had any problems
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 03:32:02 AM by inthewildteam »

Datagg

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 03:39:04 AM »
Yes I use outpost also, awsome firewall. My spyware program is Spyware Eliminator by aluria, which i love also. 

So you use Tauscan with no probs then. Great, thanks for the info........

inthewildteam

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 03:49:05 AM »
This machine is dual boot XP Pro and Mandrake linux, under Windows environment I have Tauscan/Outpost/AdAware/Spybot all co-existing and working without any conflicts although my browser is Firefox not I.E..  having said that, I'm also behind a hardware firewall, and it's a builld myself machine .....no pre-configured/pre-installed software.

Touch wood, system logs and firewall logs remain clear .....and email (through Thunderbird) is set to only accept text ......... no html emails.