Author Topic: Avast free edition error code 10013  (Read 8459 times)

gottuhaveit

Avast free edition error code 10013
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:35:19 AM »
I have 2 desktop computers that have windows 7 and I have been using avast free antivirus and zonealarm security wall free for many years with no issues. Both my desktops are almost identical except for some hardware. I have avast free and zonealarm free installed on this desktop that I am posting with and I am having no issues whatsoever with it. The other desktop I have is conflicting with zonealarm free for some reason and I don't know why because as I already stated I am using the exact same 2 programs on this desktop that I have on the other desktop. I installed avast free and rebooted the pc and when I rebooted it worked perfectly. Then I installed zonealarm free security wall but not the antivirus that comes with it free and rebooted that pc. After it boots back up I get an error code from avast 10013 and states that my firewall may be blocking my avast but I now for a fact it is not because I have zonealarm set to super trusted for avast. The webshield is turned off and avast will not allow me to turn it back on and for some reason this conflict is being caused by zonealarm free on that pc but not on this pc I am posting with. I would greatly appreciate some helpful input with this issue I am having and thank you very much.

Updated post with program versions. 9/2/2012 10 pm eastern standard time.

Avast Free version 7.0.1466
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.1.101.000
vsmon version: 10.1.101.000
Driver version: 10.0.217.000
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.380.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:07:43 AM by gottuhaveit »

gottuhaveit

Re: Avast free edition error code 10013
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
I am very curious as to what is the point of having forums for the avast product if you never get an answer when asking for help here. I have been using avast for many years and never had an issue with it and now the day finally came that I am having some problems with a conflict and I cannot get a response from anyone. I started this post almost 2 weeks ago and have not even received a peep from anyone here for help. Oh well such is life. It would really have been nice to stay with the avast program but I will just move on with my life and use something that will not conflict with other programs. Just a little support would have been nice but I received none whatsoever.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
I am very curious as to what is the point of having forums for the avast product if you never get an answer when asking for help here.
Well... I'm trying to help for 10 years...
There are quite many questions in forums and, some of them are quite specific and the users can miss or pass it due to lack of knowledge to help.

I am having some problems with a conflict and I cannot get a response from anyone.
Yes, avast! is conflicting with quite some Zone Alarm features. Do not expect Zone Labs to give you that much support... They have even a less interactive support.

use something that will not conflict with other programs. Just a little support would have been nice but I received none whatsoever.
Do not use other antimalware tool and you'll avoid the conflict.
Any other promise, from any other company, will be just this... a promise. Sooner or later, conflicts.

Then I installed zonealarm free security
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.1.101.000
vsmon version: 10.1.101.000
Driver version: 10.0.217.000
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.380.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
You need to keep ZA free only.
The best things in life are free.

gottuhaveit

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »
Thank you for your response and I downloaded zonealarm free firewall only version and I did a clean install with avast and followed it up with zonealarm free firewall only and still got the exact same result as before. This is why I am so confused because both of my pc's are running the same OS and only have different motherboards but I am getting the error on this pc but not the other pc. I really appreciate your offer to help but still no go. I actually used revo uninstall to remove avast and zonealarm free firewall before doing the fresh install so I do not understand what can be causing the issue. Thank you

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
FYI:
From everything I have read, and my personal experience with regard to uninstalling any Security SOftware, it is "always Best" to use the developers (Company's) uninstall/Clean up Tool......not Revo.
http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/;) :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:38:06 AM by schmidthouse »

gottuhaveit

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »
The only reason I mentioned using revo uninstaller is because it usually finds more files floating around after you uninstall the program and I don't know if you are familiar with revo or not but when you uninstall software from your pc it allows the uninstaller of said software to execute the uninstall first and then after the software is uninstalled it removes files left hanging around that clutter things up. I also tried uninstalling avast with the uninstaller that came with the software and still it produced the exact same results so with this said what do you think is causing this conflict on one pc and not the other. As I already stated the only difference in the 2 pc' is some hardware but they are running the exact same OS because I installed them myself. I also did not see an uninstaller for the version of avast on the page you posted a link too. I am using avast 7.0.1466 which I assume is avast 7 and it only has up to version 6 on the page. Thank you
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:03:40 AM by gottuhaveit »

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 03:35:22 PM »
Apparently, that site hasn't been updated fully.  AswClear.exe is always current from http://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility.  A dedicated removal tool from the original publisher of any security program should always do a better job.  AswClear.exe has a pull-down menu to select the version of Avast.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

gottuhaveit

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
Thank you kindly for your help once again. As soon as I have the opportunity to try this out I will report back the results. Thank you

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 12:14:42 AM »
The only reason I mentioned using revo uninstaller is because it usually finds more files floating around after you uninstall the program and I don't know if you are familiar with revo or not but when you uninstall software from your pc it allows the uninstaller of said software to execute the uninstall first and then after the software is uninstalled it removes files left hanging around that clutter things up. I also tried uninstalling avast with the uninstaller that came with the software and still it produced the exact same results so with this said what do you think is causing this conflict on one pc and not the other. As I already stated the only difference in the 2 pc' is some hardware but they are running the exact same OS because I installed them myself. I also did not see an uninstaller for the version of avast on the page you posted a link too. I am using avast 7.0.1466 which I assume is avast 7 and it only has up to version 6 on the page. Thank you

That is very odd as my experience is exactly opposite. I have used many versions of REVO over the years (yes I am familiar with  Revo) and have found 'it leaves remnants that requires the manufacturers Uninstall Utility to remove. So for me Revo has not done the job that the manufacturers tool has done for me. ??? :)

@Gopher John
+100% agreed

gottuhaveit

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »
Well I tried your suggestion with the uninstall and still ended up with the exact same results. I get error cod3 10013 when I install avast in conjunction with zonealarm.  Fyi I also downloaded an older version of zonealarm, before they offered the antivirus protection and as I already stated I am still getting the exact same error on that pc. What is really confusing me is I have the exact same version of zonealarm free 10.1.101.000on this pc along with the newest version of avast and it works flawlessly. Both computers are using the exact same OS also. As far as revo uninstall goes I don't understand your comment on how it leaves more than the original uninstaller and I say this because revo actually uses the programs uninstaller to uninstall the program in the very first step and after the uninstall is complete then revo offers to scan your pc for left over files from that program which has already been uninstalled using the programs uninstaller through revo. Maybe it has been a long time since you used revo uninstaller because imo it does a much more thorough job removing left over files in the registry which can cause clutter and slowing your pc down over time. I am always adding and removing programs from my pc and many times there are a multitude of files left over that revo finds in the scan after the actual uninstall but none of this crap about revo is helping me meet my goal of trying to get my other pc to work with avast and zonealarm.