Author Topic: Live Security Platinum  (Read 2190 times)

Busymama62

Live Security Platinum
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
Hello again,  This time it is the desk top.  Last night, my husband and I were trying to go to a government site and all of a sudden the page closed and Avast said .....blocked.  It appeared as if everything was ok for just a few seconds, then the same window popped up again, then the Live Security Platinum (LSP) popped up and won't go away.  I can not access the add and remove programs the LSP says infected, then it disabled our Malwarebytes, I did run an Avast scan but the results were a lot of files could not be scanned.  Of course this LSP keeps saying you are infected click here to clean up your computer.  I tried to post last night to this forum and LSP blocked my posting to Avast saying it was a infected site in itself.  Of course it doesn't want to let me remove it.  I realize I will have to upload whatever to flash drive and go from there.  Thank goodness we also have a laptop.  For now the desktop is just turned off.  Thanks in advance! 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Live Security Platinum
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
well if you have recived removal help before ...then  you know the drill

we need logs  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Busymama62

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
Well, I think things are ok now.  When I booted the desktop Avast prompted that it needed to do a boot scan to finish clean up.  I let it do the boot scan and am currently running Malwarebytes.  I could not even open Malwarebytes last night.  The icon that was on the desktop of the computer for the LSP has been removed so we will see what happens.  Thanks!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
i still recomend attaching the logs as essexboy can then see and remove any leftovers ...

Busymama62

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
Will do, it will be tomorrow though we are fixing to head to KY for the day for a seminar.  Thanks!
Linda