Author Topic: Wich adresses I need Allow?  (Read 3890 times)

Aoyama Haikiri

Wich adresses I need Allow?
« on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »
Hi.

I need the addresses URL or IP that avast needs to auto updade, To allow them on my proxy server so Avast could update it`s viruses definitions
So, what addresses I need Allow to the stations update behind the proxy filter?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Wich adresses I need Allow?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »
The addresses are stored in <avast>\Setup\servers.def file - but I'm afraid it's hundreds of servers, chosen randomly by the program, and the list keeps changing.

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
Hi.

I need the addresses URL or IP that avast needs to auto updade, To allow them on my proxy server so Avast could update it`s viruses definitions
So, what addresses I need Allow to the stations update behind the proxy filter?

This post smells fishy.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:34 AM »
GUI>Settings>Updates>Proxy settings>tick the "No Proxy" box.  :)

Nesivos I agree this seems fishy. ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Aoyama Haikiri

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »
Well.
Let me do a further explanation of my situation.
I`m changing the Antivírus of all computers from a client of mine.
This client does not allow the stations to access the internet. But all the stations have access for only a few pages that they need to work.
To do this control of wich sites they can access, he uses a proxy server that shares de connection and filter it.
Now, I need to find the URLs of auto-update from avast, so he could allow them on his proxy.

So, Mr. Para-Noid. There is no direct connections to just umark the box of proxy server. =/

In the end, seems like I can`t use avast on this client.

Tnx for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 11:14:23 PM »
Since avast has over 150 million active users there are hundreds of update servers to balance the server load and there not a simple range of consecutive IP addresses; it is a little more complex than giving you the IP addresses as these would be constantly updated as the user base grows.

This is a rather simplistic explanation, mainly due to being an avast user not employee, I don't use any of the business software solutions.   It rather depends on how many systems the client is using and if it is a managed system, where one system downloads the updates and acts as a mirror for the other client systems.

This question would probably have been better addressed in the avast! Business Protection forum. Or directly to sales (at) avast (dot) com, where you could explain what the clients requirements are and they could suggest the best match for that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »
Thanks David. The OP should have explained the situation better.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »
No problem, I'm only hoping that this really is what they are looking for, a business solution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security