Author Topic: Other Anti-virus software-pls help(High Prioty)  (Read 5877 times)

troubleshooting

Other Anti-virus software-pls help(High Prioty)
« on: January 23, 2005, 08:15:04 PM »
I got a call from my friend(An average PC user) ;) he says there is lots of virus in his sytem,he is not sure if any anit virus is installed or may the files be coruptted(so that anit-virus is not loading).My question is Can we install avast anti -virus with any other anit-virus which is exeisting on his sytem like Mcafee or Norton anti-virus?? ???
PLS reply As Soon AS possible within 8 hrs time..!!! :-[

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Other Anti-virus software-pls help(High Prioty)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 08:17:55 PM »
Short answer: NO
as has been explained in tons of threads here.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 10:53:14 PM »
He says there is lots of virus in his sytem

It will be better boot at safe mode (press F8 while booting), save your documents and data, format and start again with an antivirus since from the beginning  8)
The best things in life are free.

Athene

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 02:38:04 AM »
He says there is lots of virus in his sytem

It will be better boot at safe mode (press F8 while booting), save your documents and data, format and start again with an antivirus since from the beginning  8)

Technical, thank you for explaining that so nicely and quickly.

Athene

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 01:04:37 PM »

Athene, we are here for help... our pleasure and our duty  :)
But, some users (I hope troubleshooting were not one of them) come asking for an emergency, logof and don't wait  :-\ :-[
The best things in life are free.

Athene

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 02:26:13 PM »

Athene, we are here for help... our pleasure and our duty  :)
But, some users (I hope troubleshooting were not one of them) come asking for an emergency, logof and don't wait  :-\ :-[

That's a good attitude, Technical...
Perhaps, though, someone posts a question when they are in a panic about what to do, don't realize there are time zones to consider, and they disappear to seek help elsewhere. JMO, but isn't it better to give the advice because it is the right thing to do? At least that way, if and when they return, they will have what they need...

Athene

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 03:06:38 PM »
Hi Athene, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately there are many in a hurry, asking for a reply in 8 hours may be considered fast in forums they have previously visited. Here 8 hours is a long time.

They received a reply in a little over 1 minute, a second in under 3 hours, yet they are too busy to acknowledge the replies or ask for further information or expand on the problem.

That is unfortunately their loss as there is a wealth of experience in these forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Athene

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 03:32:35 PM »
Thank you, David, for the welcome...

And you are right about it being their loss! In the short time that I have been reading the forums, I have noticed that many people do "hit and run" after posting about a problem...
There certainly is a wealth of experience and expertise available here. I've learned much just by wandering around the forums  :)
This is my Mother's computer, and I don't want to make a mess of it! (I enjoy life!)

Athene