Author Topic: Rocketdial Pro and avast! Anti-Theft  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Gandalf1369

Rocketdial Pro and avast! Anti-Theft
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:50:59 PM »
I recently installed the Android dialer "RocketDial Pro" on my rooted Nexus S 4G running JellyBean.  The dialer works great but now when I start avast! Anti-Theft I get the message:

"avast! Anti-Theft has discovered an incompatible SMS tool: RocketDial Pro
This tool occupies a very high SMS receiver priority which conflicts with avast! Anti-Theft and will prevent avast! Anti-Theft to work properly.  It is recommended to uninstall RocketDial Pro or contact the developers of RocketDial Pro to fix this problem."

I am only using RocketDial Pro as a dialer - NOT as the SMS client (as a matter of fact, I don't think RocketDial Pro can act as a SMS client) - I am using the stock SMS client.

What EXACTLY does the above message mean??  Will the presence of RocketDial Pro prevent avast! Anti-Theft from functioning at all??  I have had previous versions of RocketDial Pro installed on this phone for several months now with no problem.  I only got the above message after updating RocketDial Pro to version 3.0.  Do I need to revert back to a previous version??

Any thought appreciated . . . .
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

reinhardholzner

Re: Rocketdial Pro and avast! Anti-Theft
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
you can try if your phone receives SMS commands correctly. if yes, you can ignore that warning.

inteligeen

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »
I am the developer of RocketDial Pro, got this message and will fix it . Thanks ;)

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »
seems the rocketdial guys are pretty cool and care about their customers. thumbs up! :-)