Author Topic: Anti-Theft not detected as installed on my.avast.com  (Read 6397 times)

Gibraltar

Anti-Theft not detected as installed on my.avast.com
« on: October 10, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »
Hi,

I have AMS (2.0.2880) and AAT (2.0.2589) installed as root on my Galaxy S. I have been able to use my.avast.com to test locking and tracking the device successfully in the past. Have in fact not tested since this last update on the 3rd Oct.
Today I accessed my.avast.com and to my surprise it does not detect AAT as installed (see pictured attached).
On the device AAT is installed and running.

I have tried to disable and reenable AAT, run the correct connections problems option, and put the report to site frequency to one minute. Problem still persists.
Having AAT not detected on the site does not enable the remote controls for my phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help.

reinhardholzner

Re: Anti-Theft not detected as installed on my.avast.com
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
-do you have rooted phone?
-if yes, do you have custom ROM?

Gibraltar

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:37:52 PM »
Hi,

1st question - just check my first post please.
2nd question - nop, official Samsung rom 2.3.6 (JW4)

Any ideas?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »

Gibraltar

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
Hi,

No, it doesn't apply since it is related to custom roms and that is not my case.

I've uninstalled AAT and AMS and reinstalled them. Seems to be working now. This is the 4th time I have to completlly uninstall and reinstall the application after an update - so no luck in using the auto update to keep the program updated.

Thank you.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
Hm it should not give any trouble by just updating Mobile Security - we just know of potential issues just on updating Anti-Theft rooted.

lawman6253

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
I just saw this post. This happened to me on my device as well. I tried the workaround above by re-installing both the Avast Mobile Security and then Anti-Theft, but all it did was archive my first device, and created a new second device for my Avast Portal.

However, on the new installation, it still shows the Anti-Theft as "UNINSTALLED" even though it is installed. After I deleted the older archived profile, and I ran the diagnostics check on the app on the phone, it says it does not find my device on the servers and I should disconnect and reconnect to the website. I tried, but it says "The service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later."

So same like before.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
please contact me at holzner (at) avast.com.

I just saw this post. This happened to me on my device as well. I tried the workaround above by re-installing both the Avast Mobile Security and then Anti-Theft, but all it did was archive my first device, and created a new second device for my Avast Portal.

However, on the new installation, it still shows the Anti-Theft as "UNINSTALLED" even though it is installed. After I deleted the older archived profile, and I ran the diagnostics check on the app on the phone, it says it does not find my device on the servers and I should disconnect and reconnect to the website. I tried, but it says "The service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later."

So same like before.

mavevyo

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »
I am having the same issue.

ANTI-THEFT 2.0.4333 INSTALLED ON:
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD running rooted ICS 4.0.4 (4 devices)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SCH-I705 running rooted ICS 4.0.4 (2 devices)

All devices were working normally prior to Anti-Theft Update 2.0.4333 (i.e. web portal showed "INSTALLED" for previous version of Anti-Theft, all remote features worked, etc).  Now all devices are showing "NOT INSTALLED" online, and no remote controls are available.

Un-registering then re-registering each device helped temporarily, but when  I logged back into the web portal today, all devices were showing "NOT INSTALLED" again.  I tried upgrading the Avast Anti-Virus to 2.0.4400 (from 2.0.4304) thinking it may solve the problem, but it didn't.

AVAST! needs to address this issue IMMEDIATELY!
  This is not an isolated incident, as there are numerous complaints about this issue online, and if more users actually checked their online AVAST! web portal more often (instead of only when a device is lost or stolen), I have no doubt there would be at least 100 time more complaints than we are seeing right now.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 08:34:19 AM »
we're having an internal server problem. we are working on it.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »
solved. please try to pair again, it should work now.

mavevyo

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
solved. please try to pair again, it should work now.

Confirmed.  Both problems below seem to be fixed as of 4/16/2013 late morning:

1)   "A server error has occurred..." issue when linking Anti-Theft and/or Mobile Security to online account (my.avast.com).
2)   Issue with online account (my.avast.com) showing Anti-Theft as "NOT INSTALLED" (even though it is installed AND registered to account).

Hopefully they both will stay that way... thanks for your help!

reinhardholzner

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »
good to hear!