Author Topic: SafeZone doesn't work without administrative rights  (Read 4647 times)

Denak

SafeZone doesn't work without administrative rights
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »
Hello! After marking "Drop administrative rights..." in SafeZone settings (see the screenshot below) safe browser doesn't open any web page. I just can see unhappy smile in it and message: "Aw, snap! Something went wrong..." etc. But without that mark in settings SafeZone works excellent. Why is it so?
System Windows 7x32, Avast v. 7.0.1466.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: SafeZone doesn't work without administrative rights
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:46:19 PM »
Hi: I was Just curious as to why you would want to drop your Admin rights in "SafeZone"? ??? :)

Denak

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »
Hi: I was Just curious as to why you would want to drop your Admin rights in "SafeZone"? ??? :)
I just test all functions of this software. And if this feature have no sence and doesn't work, why does it exist in settings?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
Thanks for testing!
I couldn't simulate it on my Win7 32-bit and Win8 32-bit. I'll remove checking this option in SafeZone, because it has no meaning there. Thanks!

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:20:12 AM »
Thanks for testing!
I couldn't simulate it on my Win7 32-bit and Win8 32-bit. I'll remove checking this option in SafeZone, because it has no meaning there. Thanks!

Just for the record: :) Removing the check in Safe Zone also removes it in Sandbox

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »
I'll remove checking this option in SafeZone, because it has no meaning there.

Hi Pete. Do you mean,

1/. You'll remove the effect that checking/unchecking the "Drop administrative rights..." box in the "Virtualization Parameters" dialog, currently has on the SafeZone?

2/. You'll create separate "Expert Settings" dialogs for Sandbox and SafeZone, the latter not including "Drop administrative rights..."?

3/. Something else?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 03:55:41 PM »
Thanks for testing!

I beleve it is a Sandbox option, and not a SafeZone option. Or am I missing something ?

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Nesivos

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
Hello! After marking "Drop administrative rights..." in SafeZone settings (see the screenshot below) safe browser doesn't open any web page. I just can see unhappy smile in it and message: "Aw, snap! Something went wrong..." etc. But without that mark in settings SafeZone works excellent. Why is it so?
System Windows 7x32, Avast v. 7.0.1466.

Thanks for testing!

I beleve it is a Sandbox option, and not a SafeZone option. Or am I missing something ?

Greetz, Red.

I was able to access the Net just fine with IE vituralized and the box checked in Sandbox Parameters