Author Topic: INternet security renewal lost 25 days  (Read 1979 times)

Dissapointed MS

INternet security renewal lost 25 days
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:03:03 PM »
Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm appalled by Avast! deceiving information regarding internet security subscription renewal:
My subscription to Avast expires on November 13th, 2012 but due to reminders from Avast! that I will not lose a single day of subscription, as it it  is renewed from the expiration date of previous subscription I have decided to prolong subscription 25 days prior to expiration on November 13th, 2012.

I have sent e-mail to sales and support address with  attached jpeg where they can see date of  previous subscription and the shortened new one  to October 19th, 2013.

Has anyone had similar issue? What was the solution?
I have the subscription for 3 PCs - I've done the renewal on 1 and waiting if Avast will reply and sent me the new code file with the subscription that will last until Nov 13th, 2013.
If I remember correctly I had the same problem last year, but was smarter then,  waited longer and lost just couple  of days.
Very disappointing.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: INternet security renewal lost 25 days
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
You shouldn't lose out, if you renew through the avastUI as that is the only way it can be linked with the existing license.

For those who have had a problem (for whatever reason) the email to sales (at) avast (dot) com has usually resolved it promptly.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security