Author Topic: Incomplete Scans using  (Read 3316 times)

WaitingForPuppy

Incomplete Scans using
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:28:06 AM »
Is there any reason why I only get incomplete scans? Both Quick and full scans keep coming up with that result. I'm unable to get a report on the scan. Also every single file I ask it to scan, comes back with that message. The other scanners (SAS, Malwarebytes S&D) I use don't have that problem and always  come back with a scan result log.

ETA: I trying to add a screenshot but I have unable to do so.
Also I am aware that Avast can't scan a password protected archive so  it just scans the wrapper. OK, I fine with that I guess,  but why can't it give me a report on everything else?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:53:12 AM by WaitingForPuppy »

Nesivos

Re: Incomplete Scans using
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:32 AM »
Open the GUI click on Scan Computer select the Scan you want to run click on Settings click on Report File and the click in the boxes of the the scan information you would like to see and enter a name for the Scan file.  Run the scan and then click on Show Report File after the scan has been completed

WaitingForPuppy

Re: Incomplete Scans using Avast Suite
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:48 PM »
Thanks you for your help, I tried what you suggested, alas, it didn't work. It keeps coming back with "Error: Archive is password protected" and incomplete again.  It's strange because all those files that it shows are files from my updated Flash player. Is there someway I can get it to skip those files so it can scan all my other files?

This is a recent thing, previously I was able to scan with no problem. Is my Avast scanner broke? I have the Avast Suite edition. 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:40:16 PM by WaitingForPuppy »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
Hey do you have the real time shield online on the spybot if so disable it. its know to conflict with avast. i would suggest you remove spybot because they can't keep up with the malware out there today. sas and malwarebytes does a much better job then spybot so.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

WaitingForPuppy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that next.  I didn't have much confidence on that scanner anyway. I was keeping it around for old times sake only. None of the Maleware experts at many sites ever tell anyone to do a S&D scan for a long time now. Too bad, it used to be good. What happened with them?

ETA: Just uninstalled it. Tried to run a quick scan again and I got another incomplete scan? What else can I try?

Update: Found the program files(flash player) that were located in my download section( I decided to follow the pathway, can't believe why I hadn't thought to do it before), deleted it and now I can run my scans again. Might not have a flash player(lol, I guess I'll find that out sooner or later ) any longer but at least I can do my scans Yea!

My thanks to mikaelrask and Nesivos for your help :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:12:05 PM by WaitingForPuppy »