Author Topic: Network shield prevents access to router web setup - Avast 1474  (Read 60616 times)

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Network shield prevents access to router web setup - Avast 1474
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »
Hi Barryd, we are currently testing a StreamFilter fix, that might have something todo with problems like yours. If you would like to help us test it, I might give you the fixed DLL tomorrow.

barryd.

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »
I would be happy to help.

noleaf

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
Just created an account to report this same problem.  I use an Asus RT-N13U router with DD-WRT firmware and web interface.  I run Windows 7 64bit on one PC and Windows 7 32bit on another.  Both have the latest version of free Avast.  On the 32 bit PC, the router's web interface works ok.   On the 64 bit PC, it always hangs after clicking a few things on the router's web interface.  To solve the problem I have to click the back button on the web browser but it hangs again after a few more clicks.  No hangs at all when I disable Avast shields.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2014, 08:09:44 AM »
We believe this should be fixed with the latest beta. Would you like to try that?

noleaf

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2014, 02:00:43 PM »
If I can easily revert back to non-beta version then yes, otherwise I'll wait.

GreggH

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »
We believe this should be fixed with the latest beta. Would you like to try that?

Lukor... I use an Asus RT-N66U router, and every once in a while, I would get that same freeze, especially if I refreshed the Client Status screen (tells which clients are connected). It would refresh but never show any results. Using the back button, or clicking on another item in the menu would work, but it would still be refreshing if I went back. Using the AIS beta, this doesn't happen any longer, so I do believe that you have it fixed.

Gregg

BrunSteve

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »
FWIW, I have had problems accessing the setup on a Comtrend DSL  modem/router. When I go to 192.168.1.1 I get the login okay, but the router "home page" displays only partially and none of the menu items are visible.  I hope the new version of Avast! will fix it.

noleaf

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
The newer version (2014.9.0.2013) I updated to a few days ago does not solve this problem.  I also notice a lot more random hangs when browsing various websites.  Happens more with Firefox than Chrome but stops happening on both when I disable avast shields.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2014, 06:11:31 AM »
hi noleaf, that's very sad.

Would you mind sending me the outpout from "systeminfo" command. Such as:

- start/run
- type:
systeminfo >%userprofile%\desktop\systeminfo.txt
- send me the systeminfo.txt file from the desktop (you can write me directly to rypacek (at) avast.com

We re now investigating the possibility, that some windows hotfixes are causing these problems and would like to confirm if you have or have not them all.

Thanks a lot.
Lukas.

barryd.

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2014, 06:57:43 AM »
hi noleaf, that's very sad.

Would you mind sending me the outpout from "systeminfo" command. Such as:

- start/run
- type:
systeminfo >%userprofile%\desktop\systeminfo.txt
- send me the systeminfo.txt file from the desktop (you can write me directly to rypacek (at) avast.com

We re now investigating the possibility, that some windows hotfixes are causing these problems and would like to confirm if you have or have not them all.

Thanks a lot.
Lukas.

I think you have to be in command mode for this to work: i.e. start/run/cmd, then systeminfo >%userprofile%\desktop\systeminfo.txt.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2014, 07:00:55 AM »
whatever your prefer. both are the same.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:41 PM »
Making pasting in the command prompt window easier:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93544.msg1056708#msg1056708
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline apurohit8

« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 11:33:43 PM »
Just registered to say I'm seeing the same problem shown here. Windows 8.1, Avast 2014.9.0.2011, Asus RT-AC68R router, Firefox 26.

Disabling shields allows me to access the router without issue. What's weird is that I cannot logout at all from the router - the router says I am logged out, but I am not actually logged out, because when I retype the router IP, I get put right in. Almost as if Avast is still blocking something on me. If I close out the browser, I'm logged out properly.

What's weirder still is the following sequence of events:
Disable shields
Enter router UI and login
Close out browser to force the logout
Turn shields back on
Open browser and try to go to any webpage - I'm instead asked to login to my router, even if I try to navigate elsewhere... very weird.

I rebooted the router to fix this, and it stopped happening... but this is really odd. I simply provide the info to help troubleshooting further... I can't imagine what's causing this to happen...

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2014, 01:56:02 AM »
Hi apurohit8, would you mind trying it with the update (9.0.2013)? Thanks a lot, Lukas

Offline apurohit8

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »
Hello Lukor,

Just updated to 2014.9.0.2013 as requested.

Asus interface might be slightly better, but still hangs up on some pages... so it might be slightly better, but still not right. Disabling all shields makes every page work properly.

The issue where I was being redirected to the router every-time (the scenario I posted before) is fixed, though... so that's a step in the right direction... but the overall problem is not resolved.

EDIT: Actually, I'm noticing overall issues with Avast now that I didn't have before. Granted, I have the new router installed now, but I am seeing weird and intermittent stalling now more than ever. When I disable Avast everything works MUCH more smoothly. For example, I just started a Youtube video. It stalled out at about halfway through, and wouldn't go past there. I was monitoring the loading bar and it wasn't moving very smoothly or quickly. I then closed the browser, disabled shields, and then reloaded the same video... and it loaded up quickly and played without issues all the way through. This stalling seems to be happening everywhere... I don't know how long this has been happening or if it's crept up to this state, but I suspect Avast giving the above test...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:39:38 PM by apurohit8 »