Author Topic: Anger about the last 2 updates.  (Read 2249 times)

Offline dc10boy

Anger about the last 2 updates.
« on: November 01, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
 >:( hi All, I run XP 64 bit, and firefox 16.0.2. all was well with v1466 with auto updates off.yesterday all hell broke loose when I updated to 1473.Firefox was totally inop, and I could not even end processes in task manager.Had to safe mode uninstall avast to regain control of my computer.I reinstalled 1466 and again all was well.Today I went to reinstall the pirate language (my daughter loves this) and avast updated the program to 1474 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR PRIOR KNOWLEDGE!What kind of garbage is that?If you have a bad build a user cannot get away from that build if he changes language from the default?I am VERY unhappy about that.I just wanted to go back to the last working build with my installed languages.
1474 works better although the new webrep makes facebook and quick search unusable so I had to disable, as others have reported as well.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Anger about the last 2 updates.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
Adding a new (= not previously installed) component - such as a new language - downloads the missing packages from our servers, and the servers only have the most recent versions of the file. So the program is always updated to the latest build during that process, to avoid ending up in an inconsistent (and most likely crashing) state.
It has always been like that, and most likely always will.

Offline dc10boy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
I noticed that on Facebook,instead of one webrep icon showing in the firefox toolbar, there are webrep icons showing all over the page, one for every link!I counted over 30 webrep icons on one page alone.I've never seen that before this update.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:41:29 AM »
this is probably cause by different "rules" for the FB but need to be investigated more... let you know
Quality is also a feature.