Author Topic: Battery Use  (Read 2845 times)

blakenz

Battery Use
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
So, Ive seen a few things about people saying that this uses alot of battery, Just wondering about this because we cant see the amount in the android battery use app, Dont get me wrong, I LOVE this app, Ive used it for ages, And im so ready to kick the person who tries to steal my phones A#$ But I would like to know how much it is using, Also CPU etc

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Battery Use
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Well, generally, the battery sensors measure the relative (%) battery usage, i.e., how much AMS use from the total battery usage.
I'm using both AMS and the anti-theft and cannot complain of draining battery on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 or in my Galaxy Tab 10.1.
The best things in life are free.

svehlak

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
Maximum battery use is about 20% in case mobile security is scanning the files and/or doing some listing (like seeing the apps in CPU use order). Normally the battery is lower than 4% of battery use. You can also manage wake lock in settings, which makes the use lesser. if you will experience some huge use, please report us, but first check if any f.e. remote command is not running (location every minute could sucks the battery too).

blakenz

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »
Just not too sure, I find AMS and AAT extreamly handy, I get location every 6 hours, but if its that low then everythings fine i guess(: No point in compromizing device security and getting it stolen for a tiny bit more battery

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 04:35:13 AM »
Hi,

as Jan said, the CPU usage is higher if AMS is actively doing something (between 10-20% on common devices), but it usually takes only a few seconds to do its work at the moment, so nothing to worry about I think. Based on some recent tests, the battery usage is around 1% in common cases which is pretty much unnoticeable.

Filip