Author Topic: avast! Mobile Security is too conspicuous !  (Read 5439 times)

jorloujr

avast! Mobile Security is too conspicuous !
« on: December 08, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
That´s really weird ! The avast! Mobile Security logo is shown in the status bar even in a locked screen !

Knowing up front that avast! Mobile Security is running on the device gives a hint that Anti-Theft might be running as well ... It´s doesn´t add to the security, does it ?

Please, pretty please, get rid of this very questionable feature as soon as possible.

[ Samsung Galaxy SII - ICS 4.0.3 ]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:29:50 PM by jorloujr »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast! Mobile Security is too conspicuous !
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »
You can change the icon to gray.
You can disable the icon at all.
Change your AMS settings :)
The best things in life are free.

jorloujr

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
Change your AMS settings :)

Yep ! I´ve overlooked this option  :P

Thanks !  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
You're welcome :)
The best things in life are free.

leopardjl

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
What are AMS settings?  I know that I can make the icon grayscale, or remove it completely but I don't understand what are "AMS settings".
Update - are AMS settings simply "Avast Mobile Security" settings?

Along with the icon always appearing with either the default icon or the grayscale icon, there is always a notification message displayed on my device (similar to new email notifications that appear).  Is the presence of the icon at the top of my device screen and the constant "email" notification always work together?  I don't mind having the icon appear on my device, but I do not like having the constant notification message appear in the same message I see new email/text messages that appear on my device.  By playing with the notification settings (default, grayscale, none) it appears that I have to use the "none" setting to get rid of the constant email/text notification from showing on my device.
I hope this makes sense!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:16:13 AM by leopardjl »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
What are AMS settings?  I know that I can make the icon grayscale, or remove it completely but I don't understand what are "AMS settings".

The settings for AMS (avast! Mobile Security). ;)
-> http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »
Along with the icon always appearing with either the default icon or the grayscale icon, there is always a notification message displayed on my device (similar to new email notifications that appear).  Is the presence of the icon at the top of my device screen and the constant "email" notification always work together?  I don't mind having the icon appear on my device, but I do not like having the constant notification message appear in the same message I see new email/text messages that appear on my device.  By playing with the notification settings (default, grayscale, none) it appears that I have to use the "none" setting to get rid of the constant email/text notification from showing on my device.
I hope this makes sense!

Hi,

what does the text of the notification say? I think we only post notifications if scanning an app/file which is not that often to be bothersome for a user. Or is it some other notification you are talking about?

Filip

leopardjl

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
The first line reads "avast! Mobile Security " (in bold) and the second line reads"avast! is protecting you..."
When I tap (open) the notification a new window opens and there is a "Clear" button on the screen.  Pressing the "Clear" button does not clear (remove) the notification.  This notification is always present whenever the notification icon is at the top of my screen.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »
Hi,

that is correct. This is the ongoing notification that reminds you that AMS is there and protecting you (and actually serves a security purpose by preventing the app from being killed). If you want to remove it, you have to turn it off in the Settings, there is no other way.

Filip