Author Topic: Linux Activation Key  (Read 14948 times)

avast-user-ahg

Linux Activation Key
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:36:12 AM »
I have not gotten an activation code for a Linux home edition sent to me. Can anyone help? Is this a common occurrence? It isn't in my SPAM folder. I want to run Avast in Ubuntu to try to clean up a nasty virus. Help!

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
Re: Linux Activation Key
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »
Hello avast-user-ahg, and Welcome to avast! for Linux/Unix Forum !  :D

IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED AVAST CORRECTLY OPEN "ABOUT AVAST" UNDER THE HELP MENU.
Click on the “Click here to obtain registration key” link.
You can choose what browser do You want to use.

Fill out registration form correctly and wait for the e-mail from avast with Your product key.

Copy and paste the registration key into the Registration window and Ok it.

You have just installed Avast home edition for Linux workstations. I think you are right to go !
That should do it ! If you have any further problem try suggestion below  ;)

I have not gotten an activation code for a Linux home edition sent to me. Can anyone help? Is this a common occurrence? It isn't in my SPAM folder. I want to run Avast in Ubuntu to try to clean up a nasty virus. Help!
Interesting that you should say "Help" in your heading, as that is exactly where you will find instructions to
Register Avast for Linux.  ;)

By the way, did you search the Forum first, before starting this thread ?
It really is quire simple, and can be very useful in getting you on your way with most problems.

Is this a common occurrence? 
I'd have to say no, but having checked the link in the Help section to Register it does give a 404 'Page not Found' result. However there are links to live Help pages, on that page so as I always say, "Perserverence Furthers"   ;D

Try this link avast-user-ahg; http://www.avast.com/resend-license-free-antivirus.php
Need your avast! Free Antivirus license sent again?
Once your Free Antivirus license arrives at your Email Address, follow these instructions:
Program Registration
After you install avast! Linux Home Edition, it's required to insert a license key into it. If you don't enter a license key, avast! will not work.
You can obtain the key by registering the program on our website.
Note: avast! Linux Home Edition is free software, but only for home, non-commercial use.

Home version registration

Home users who will use avast! on a computer that is not used for any profitable activities (such as translations, creation or administration of web pages, etc.) can use avast! Linux Home Edition for free.

The registration is performed by filling out the following web form:
**DEADLINK:http://www.avast.com/i_kat_227.php?lang=ENG

**Try this link avast-user-ahg; http://www.avast.com/resend-license-free-antivirus.php

(Someone from Avast! may consider appending a working link to the program HELP file  )   ;)

After you enter the required data (that are used solely for statistical purposes by ALWIL Software and will never be provided to any third party), the license key will be send to your e-mail address, together with a description on how to enter it into the program.
The license key for home users is valid for 14 months. After this period, it is necessary to register again and enter a new license key.

Entering the license key

As soon as you receive the license key you should enter it into the program. This can be done the following way:
Start avast! Linux Home Edition.
From the menu, select Help --> About avast!...
Click on the License key button in the bottom part of the window
Enter your license key
Confirm with the OK button.

Regards,

Abraxas

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:21:11 AM by Abraxas »