Author Topic: NAG NAG NAG  (Read 3317 times)

weemantam

NAG NAG NAG
« on: December 25, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
Having decided that the free Avast (AVG etc) were all good and well, I was fed up having multiple free programs running to provide me with a bit of security. Finding Avast to be the most stable and least disruptive to me, I found a good deal (3PC 2yr £50ish) which expires in a couple of days having been running nicely for it's 2 year term.

Now, setting aside the fact that the price to renew for 1PC for 1YR is much more expensive now than it was for the aforementioned deal (Avast's pricing is their own concern), I have been relentlessly nagged by the software for the past month to renew.

I have a new package which I am set to install as soon as it arrives which has a deal comparable to that of Avasts a couple of years back. In the meantime I have had to be reminded constantly by the software that it is due to expire. Just incase I wasn't paying the last 30days on each of three PC's all with the same nag.

Now, I could understand if the package had expired and I was using limited functions but this is on my clock.

I am paying to be harrassed by software I actually paid good money for and I just wanted to say it's bang out of order.

Moan over.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: NAG NAG NAG
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
Having decided that the free Avast (AVG etc) were all good and well, I was fed up having multiple free programs running to provide me with a bit of security.
Just do not run more than one antivirus at the same time... they will conflict.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
Hi weemantam,

Thanks for the note. I hear you. I actually also think that the renewal messaging is a bit over the top (= is too frequent, starts too early, and is too in your face).

We plan to do some changes in this respect in the near future.

Thanks, and Happy New Year
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:48 PM »
Imo it should notify the user once (just 1 time) when 1 month left is reached. Then another one (again only 1 message) when 2 weeks left is reached. In the last week left, display expiration notice every day, one notification per day.

This way it will gradually become more aggressive in notifying the user but not too aggressive. I think it would be reasonable enough right?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:45 AM »
Imo it should notify the user once (just 1 time) when 1 month left is reached. Then another one (again only 1 message) when 2 weeks left is reached. In the last week left, display expiration notice every day, one notification per day.

This way it will gradually become more aggressive in notifying the user but not too aggressive. I think it would be reasonable enough right?

Good suggestion. 8)
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner