Author Topic: Fix connection issue  (Read 4828 times)

REDACTED

Fix connection issue
« on: January 16, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm facing problem with Avast Antitheft in Fix connection Problems

Every time  when I go to Antitheft->Avast Basic Antitheft->Avast! Account->fix connection Problems
it keeps waiting for sms sent from web and then after 20 secs time out and it leaves me with a message
"The msg sent from our servers to your device...................................................................use the feedback button to contact our support"
same happens everytime morever when  I tried to locate my device from PC using my avast account same thing happened it says "command timed out"
I have installed rooted version of Antitheft and Everything is updated to latest

can anybody help me out??...
I'm able to access internet on 3G, I don't use wifi.
I have given feedback along with system info My ticket id is TYG-302-85061 on dev.support.avast.com

Device:Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670
Android 2.3.7
ROM: CyanogenMod 7
Operator: BSNL (CELL ONE)
Email:gupta.nikhil.gn@gmail.com

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Fix connection issue
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »
Hello,
make sure you have the latest Version of avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed.

also, disconnect from the online account and reconnect from within Anti-Theft (anti-theft -> basic settings -> avast! Account). this should fix it. if not, you have other problems, not directly related to us.

regards,

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:18 AM »
Hello,
make sure you have the latest Version of avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed.

also, disconnect from the online account and reconnect from within Anti-Theft (anti-theft -> basic settings -> avast! Account). this should fix it. if not, you have other problems, not directly related to us.

regards,

Does anti theft do not work without Wifi? I do not have any data plan.
What if somebody who has stolen the phone does not have Wifi and data plan? My phone is lost then? :(
I disabled my Wifi connection and tried sending the siren on command from internet, it gives error as connection timed out.

binhvirile

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:22:08 AM »
Hi sateeshranjan,

In case of Internet connection of the device is disabled, you can try using SMS Commands.

Regards,
Binh

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
it should work on mobile data connection as well as on wifi.

Hello,

regards,

Does anti theft do not work without Wifi? I do not have any data plan.
What if somebody who has stolen the phone does not have Wifi and data plan? My phone is lost then? :(
I disabled my Wifi connection and tried sending the siren on command from internet, it gives error as connection timed out.

andnet

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Hello,
I have problem with connetion test in anti-theft too.
(Anti-theft and Avast are of the newest versions. Rooted. Android 2.3.6. Samsng Ace.)

Can it has something to do with firewall activated in avast?
On the other hand, I enebled in white-list mode to connect via 3G for Anti-Theft and Avast, and it didn't helped.

Regards
Andrew

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »
its fixed, was a internet provider issue.