Author Topic: "VBS Malware"  (Read 6593 times)

Tshanewa

"VBS Malware"
« on: February 21, 2005, 05:47:35 AM »
HELP!!!  I have scanned my computer with a spyware remover and with Avast at least 3 times.  When I go to a certain site, the Avast box comes up saying there is "VBS Malware" attached to it.  I have checked with someone else who uses that site and also uses Avast and this does not come up for him.  Why would this be continually coming up only on this site and what can I do about it?  My computer is free of viruses and spyware, except for this one situation.
Any help anyone can give me, I would greatly appreciate. :'(

FastGame

Re: "VBS Malware"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 06:15:11 AM »
Send ma a PM with the web site and let me see what my Avast! does  8)

Tomatzu

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 05:51:05 PM »
I got VBS Malware. It's nothing more than a visual basic script, classed as malware. It's best that you just delete it and not bother. I got several files of the same nature, no need to be alarmed.

Tshanewa

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
Tomatzu, thank you for your reply.  If I could delete the VBS Malware, I would.  It will not delete and is locking me out the site I am trying to get into.  I can only put it in the chest, and then it pops right back up again.  I need to get rid of it completely. :'(  Any ideas?

Tshanewa

Tomatzu

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 02:11:34 AM »
Isn't it possible to delete from the Virus Chest anyway? *checks*

Okay, you can delete files from the chest. Right click the file you want delete, and click on delete. It should perminantely remove it from the computer. If that doesn't help, then I'm all out of ideas.

Tshanewa

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 02:21:15 AM »
I can delete it from the chest, but when the box pops up on the site I cannot delete it.  I put it in the chest and it bounces right back up again, making it impossible to enter the site.  But what Im wondering is, why is Avast letting these viruses into the files and not stopping them.  Im also at my wits end and am thinking of a new anti virus program.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 03:00:35 AM »
Since both are using Avast (and I asume the same version and vps) the only difference can be in the settings.

FastGame

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 04:36:26 AM »
Tshanewa can't delete the VBS because Webshield is finding it, he can only terminate the connection.

I get the same warning when I go to the link with Webshield, the link is for a popular fishing sport and I would think thats a pretty legitimate ???

Anyway going to the site with Webshield off doesn't leave any Malware that Standard Shield will find.

Tomatzu

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 09:04:10 AM »
Odd. Although quite a few of the legitimate sites have some sort of malware hidden somewhere.

Well, sorry I couldn't help you out, and thanks FastGame, I had ran out of ideas once I suggested just deleting them from the chest.