Author Topic: Phone got stolen, came to the webpage and says that anti-theft is not enabled.  (Read 3726 times)

marypr

Like the subject says, my phone got stolen so I went to the webpage to try to make a wipe, locate it, etc. and I come across with the message that says that my phone doesn't have anti-theft enabled. I thought I had it. I see it says that I can enable it through the webpage but it won't do a thing. I keeps saying that I have to enable it. I'm getting frustrated, I trusted this thing and when the real thing (the stolen phone situation) comes up it won't work for me. Please help.

binhvirile

Hello,
Have you ever update Anti-Theft to the latest version before? The issue here is caused by not update Anti-Theft or not communicate with web portal for recognize, according to your description.
But don't worry. You can send SMS command to your lost phone 2222 LOST (2222 here is replaced with your PIN).
Tell me what will happen  ;).

Regards,
Binh

marypr

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the response. I get it. But, can this work even if I already reported it stolen to the phone company and they blocked it? I doubt it.  :-\ What do you think?

binhvirile

Did you mean you contacted with your mobile network provider and request them to block your lost phone number?

marypr

They automatically did it, when I reported the phone stolen.

binhvirile

That sound not good. You don't need to report to your network provider since you have installed AMS and you have many ways to find your lost phone.
Can you, by all ways, try to contact to the provider and request restore your phone number? Just in this case, you can use SMS command to remote control to your phone.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

if enabling the Anti-Theft from the website doesn't work and your SIM is blocked (so you can't send command "2222 SET PROTECTION 1"), there is not much you can do. You can try to enable your SIM again, but the chances are high the SIM got already removed.

Filip

reinhardholzner

if you're lucky the thief changes SIM card and you get the new (unblocked) number.