Author Topic: FP Win32:Hupigon-ONX[Trj]  (Read 2315 times)

pvanes

FP Win32:Hupigon-ONX[Trj]
« on: February 03, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »
We recently upgraded from Avast 4.8 to the new Endpoint Protection Suite Plus.

After the first night scanning on our fileserver, avast found several "virusus". All of these files are IMG files and are images to install HP Thin-clients. The chance there is a virus in one of the images is very low. Images are recently made from a new installation without direct internet access.

Is this a false-positive or is it posible there is a virus in it? Workaround is to tell avast not to scan IMG files, but I think this is not recomanded. What is the best way to solve this issue?

If you want me to send the suspicious file, please provide an FTP server or other file-transfer method. The file is around 1GB.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: FP Win32:Hupigon-ONX[Trj]
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »
We recently upgraded from Avast 4.8 to the new Endpoint Protection Suite Plus.

After the first night scanning on our fileserver, avast found several "virusus".

forum section for..... is found here

avast! Business Protection   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=33.0

avast! Server Protection      http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=8.0

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
Hello,
can you, upload some samle to our ftp.avast.com/incoming/ please? And post the filename, which you uploaded. Which tool uses this IMG files?

Milos

pvanes

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
Hi Milos,

Sorry for the delay. Avast deleted my files and I didn't have a backup of the files so I had to create new ones.

I just uploaded an file, filename is "t5720-1gb-20130213.img" and the size is somewere around 1GB. The file is created with HP Device manager. This is a solution to manage, install and update HP Thin Clients.