Author Topic: Help with anti theft feature  (Read 1907 times)

dewasa

Help with anti theft feature
« on: February 04, 2013, 02:38:58 AM »
Hi everyone

Not too long ago I sent an email asking for help to avast, however I received no response back. That is why I decided to post in the forums instead.

I bought a new phone, and I tried installing avast. Then I also registered for the lost mobile feature of avast. Basically if the SIM card was changed, avast would send an sms to the person I nominated when I registered with avast. In this case, my brother.

Long story short there was a few problems, so I went to my carrier and changed my SIM card. All is good now, but now each time I turn on my phone, my brother gets an sms saying my phone has been stolen....it is not stolen, its just that the SIM card was changed.

How do I stop this? This is annoying for me and my brother has been quite angry, telling me to contact avast.

Any help appreciated thank you.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: Help with anti theft feature
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:50:20 AM »
Sample: 2222 LOST Marks the phone as LOST. This command initiates the same actions as a SIM card change, depending on the protection behavior settings.

FOUND
Sample: 2222 FOUND Marks the phone as FOUND. This command disables the phone lock as well as the siren alarm.