Author Topic: Windows 9 Concept Art....Don't panic it not release for a very very long time  (Read 11118 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:11:30 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
I don't get it why are we going from super multi-tasking back to single task in the front and very hard access to every other running task. It's stupid. Taskbar/start menu system proved successful through almost 2 decades. And now they are re-inventing a DOS with fancy front end. WHY!? Seems like i'll be stuck on Win7 forever...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Yep, I'll also be staying with Win. 7.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
It is amazing that the release this stuff and win8 is hardly out of the door and not proving to be the success that they hoped.

Many have panned the Metro interface long before release and they totally ignored comments and ploughed on regardless. Now I guess that that decision is coming home to roost so here they are diving off at another tangent and giving people yet another reason to wait (or as windows 8 has been called w8, wait).

I'm almost certain that Microsoft pulled this same stroke when win7 was released, rumours and speculation on the next OS version w8. I remember this as I thought exactly what many are thinking now wait for the next OS, seems like it will be a long wait.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:00:24 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iroc9555

We are Microsoft...Resistance is futile  :o

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
DavidR MS is trying to make more money by selling W8 in market and to allow many users buying W8 OS, and when they get all the money for W8 before their release W9 MS knows they haven't quite finished the complete OS software they believe in as their working on it now. W9 might become a complete 95% OS for to last a lot longer before W10 might come out in the future.

All I can say is MS is a bloody D***HEAD and we have to put up with them forever no matter what comes out :o :( :-X :-X
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Ddm5

Quite retarded to say the least, why, oh god why, would they even think about pushing to doing another OS when as everyone has said, Win8 is a disaster soo far in my personal opinion, I find Win7 to be perfect, can't fault it, but seriously, I guess I'll be sticking with win7 aswell.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Quite retarded to say the least, why, oh god why, would they even think about pushing to doing another OS when as everyone has said, Win8 is a disaster soo far in my personal opinion, I find Win7 to be perfect, can't fault it, but seriously, I guess I'll be sticking with win7 aswell.

Not to start anything, but I personally am very impressed with Windows 8 and it's light footprint on resources.
I will admit that I jumped from XP to Win8 and for me after using XP since early 2002 I feel it was the ultimate OS; however that's just my reality and works for me ::)
With so many things, it's all a matter of getting to know  something and feeling totally comfortable and in control I guess ;) :)

Ddm5

Not to start anything, but I personally am very impressed with Windows 8 and it's light footprint on resources.
I will admit that I jumped from XP to Win8 and for me after using XP since early 2002 I feel it was the ultimate OS; however that's just my reality and works for me ::)
With so many things, it's all a matter of getting to know  something and feeling totally comfortable and in control I guess ;) :)

Of course I value your opinion, I'd say Win8 is a more revamped and resource efficient OS, Win7 is perfect for me and my needs, casual gamer and what not, nothing ever goes wrong for me, but still.

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
I went from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Windows 8 has problems with Punkbuster. Gives me a OS exception message and kicks my game from servers.

This concept looks interesting but the icons are pretty small. You need a pencil sized finger to touch properly.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Let's see...XP (good)...Vista (not so good)...Win7 (good)...Win8/W8 (not so good)...Win9 (tba)  8)

Do you see a pattern?  ;D
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Let's see...XP (good)...Vista (not so good)...Win7 (good)...Win8/W8 (not so good)...Win9 (tba)  8)

XP (great)....Vista (didn't use it, don't know first hand!)...Win7 (didn't use it, don't know first hand!)....Windows8 (so far great. Am using it first hand!) Win9 (don't care) ;) :)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!

XP (great)....Vista (didn't use it, don't know first hand!)...Win7 (didn't use it, don't know first hand!)....Windows8 (so far great. Am using it first hand!) Win9 (don't care) ;) :)
I have yet to hear very many good reviews of Win8. I do know some who like/love it but most don't.
You are among the few. I hope Win8 serves you well for quite a long time. I am being sincere.  8)

Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I think that they 'Microsoft' are bloody bonkers allowing this to be peddled as all it is likely to do is have people say no to win8 and see what it offers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security