Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Avast 4.6/firewall incompatibility

<< < (2/2)

Tulkas:

--- Quote from: Tulkas on February 24, 2005, 03:13:51 AM ---
The previous version 4.5 worked fine with this configuration btw.  I would rather fix this problem than revert to the previous version but I've tried everything that occurs to me, including pausing the OA providers one at a time.  The only way that I've found to get on to the web is to stop the OA protection.

--- End quote ---

Well, I've been digging around and trying things.  First reactivated was the Standard Shield and things worked as advertised, pages loaded without problems.  Next reactivated Internet Mail and the firewall asked for permission to allow AshMaiSv to get to the Internet.  I think that I'll leave Web Shield and the other OA services turned off since the firewall blocks popup window scripts and Active X.  I don't use IM, O/E and P2P so those can be left turned off.

It seems that careful selection of firewall and Avast! options is required to make them play nice together.  Maybe this will help someone sort their problems out.

--Tulkas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version