Author Topic: Need a Spot of Help? [Resolved]  (Read 2177 times)

Utahraptor

Need a Spot of Help? [Resolved]
« on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:11 AM »
So just randomly, my Avast decided to start seeing this URL:

http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-19UtqE8ngoZbM.gif

as a threat. I looked into it before coming here for help; it's apparently a big part of some theme coding for things like Tumblr and even on Minecraft. As a result, it's shut down two of the browsers I use that run my blogging sites and freaks out when I open the Minecraft.exe . It's even gone so far as to block my ability to access Minecraft websites, so I can't get in to redownload the client at all to see if this version of the client is the bad one. It was not blocking anything before I started the computer up earlier, and I don't see why it's doing it now.

I run Avast Version 7.0.1474 on a Windows 7 64-bit computer.

Is there anything I can do to stop it seeing this as a malicious attack when it is obviously not?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:29:46 AM by Utahraptor »

Utahraptor

Re: Need a Spot of Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:22:00 AM »
Forgot to add that I do run Malwarebytes Pro in the background (and up to date), so if it was an actual problem, it would pick up on it as well I would think.

[UPDATE] Found an actual thread for this. Sorry for taking up the space.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:29:23 AM by Utahraptor »

REDACTED

Re: Need a Spot of Help? [Resolved]
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:53:33 AM »
Where did you find the thread with the answers? I am having the same problem you had, but I guess with all the time since you posted and found the other thread it is getting lost among all the other threads when I try looking for it. I have seen a number of threads claiming that updates in 2012 and 2013 fixed similar issues, but I JUST discovered Avast, I have the 2015 version and it is disrupting my playing Minecraft. I want to know how I can fix it without looking for yet ANOTHER Anti-virus program (this is the 4th one in 12 months I have tried and I am getting sick of them only being partially effective)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Need a Spot of Help? [Resolved]
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
Where did you find the thread with the answers?
this topic is 2 years old .... you think he will reply   ::)

for help see this  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0