Author Topic: Endpoint Business Protection for multiple licenses but all stand alone machines  (Read 4320 times)

1st Response

Hi There,

I am UK based and aware you can purchase an Endpoint Protection Plus (NOT the suite) license for multiple (in my case 11) machines and install avast on each client machine from the central console. However, is it possible to not use a console and purchase a license for Endpoint Protection Plus (NOT the suite) for 11 users but install avast individually on each PC and do away with the console. I know the console is for ease of use and installation and updates etc and the process would be longer to set it all up, but is it possible? or do you have to purchase the SUITE option to be able to do this.  (I ask as when you go to the page via Home, Business, For ENTERPRISE, Endpoint Protection Suite Plus, there is a tab halfway down for licensing that seems to confirm you can install on individual machines but this 'Licensing Tab' is not there when you go to the page via are Home, Business, For SOHO, Endpoint Protection Plus.

I am presuming the lack of this tab is answering my question but wanted to check as I would have thought you could just buy a license for 11 machines, download avast on each machine and enter the license number. 

Of course I could by 11 individual licenses but presume i will pay 11 x £32.99, (£329.99) rather than the discounted price of £219.89 for buying 11

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:54:35 PM by 1st Response »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Well, for what you want you could as well buy 11 AIS licenses. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
When you buy any of the products of avast! Endpoint Protection family, you can choose how to install. To install 11 avast! Endpoint Protection Plus machines, you can:
  • Use ASOA Console
  • Use AEA Console
  • Use a standalone installation

here is the link for download the necesary file in each case: http://www.avast.com/en-gb/download-software

1st Response

Thanks for the reply, so I could simply get 1 license number (valid for 11 machines) , download Avast as a stand alone installation on each machine and the license number would work 11 times?

Is that right?

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Yes, but if you buy avast! Endpoint Protection Plus, you will recieve a license file called license.avastlic

In the license file are included the 11 licenses and you have to use this file in the 11 machines.

The same license file is valid for any installation method: ASOA, AEA or standalone. Every AVAST customer has a single license file in which are all the products licensed and their valid period.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:26:55 PM by Edj »