Author Topic: Avast 7 & Windows Color Schemes  (Read 3047 times)

ThirdSpace

Avast 7 & Windows Color Schemes
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »
I recently got a new computer, and it came with Windows 7, which lead me to wonder on any newer changes in Avast 7.  Does the program respond at all to the Windows color schemes? Like, High Contrast Black? The last time I used Avast, it hadn't seem to have done so, at least on Windows XP (of course on my older machine, it wasn't Avast 7).  I know this was mentioned before, and something was said about Avast 7 supporting high contrast black and the like, but I've never been able to find an answer if this is so or not.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 7 & Windows Color Schemes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
Not a huge benefit in talking about avast 7 with avast 8 due to be released very soon.

If your on the avast free version I somehow doubt you will like the contrast of the avast 8 UI, too damn light and hard on the eyes. Now I have been running this on XP Pro not my win7 netbook, so I can't even check if it conforms with any high contrast colour schemes. I don't think it did in avast 7, but the avast 7 UI wasn't prominently one colour, so I didn't have any contrast issue with that.

EDIT: Image added.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:17:15 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ThirdSpace

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:31:36 AM »
Not a huge benefit in talking about avast 7 with avast 8 due to be released very soon.

If your on the avast free version I somehow doubt you will like the contrast of the avast 8 UI, too damn light and hard on the eyes. Now I have been running this on XP Pro not my win7 netbook, so I can't even check if it conforms with any high contrast colour schemes. I don't think it did in avast 7, but the avast 7 UI wasn't prominently one colour, so I didn't have any contrast issue with that.

EDIT: Image added.

Hmmm... Okay, I guess I should have been paying more attention and been here sooner, and try to offer high contrast support for Avast 8 (I was told Avast 7 would do this, but it seems it never did).  What do you mean by "If your on the avast free version..." does the pro version have different colors or support contrast or something? Or is this from personal experience as you are using the free version?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »
It has a different colour scheme and some darker borders and menu frame, etc. it isn't just a sea of white/light as im my attached image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security