Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)

<< < (46/52) > >>

DavidR:

--- Quote from: oncalltek on April 15, 2013, 08:14:49 PM ---Hello Mr Pavels,
I think there is another bug not being addressed by this update. It is the Self-Defense module in Settings/Troubleshooting. It is checked by default. But , I think it is interfering with VPS updates and maybe any other kind of updates. Users have to turn off self-defense in order to get auto-update to work again...And that could leave the computer vulnerable to anti-virus disabling viruses...

--- End quote ---

No such issue with the avast self-defence and avast auto updates on both my win7 and XP Pro systems and it has been like that since the self-defence module was introduced.

There is something else going on with your system that's for sure, other program updates shouldn't fall foul of the 'avast' self-defence as it only protects avast files/folders/processes/registry entries, etc. but not other programs/areas.

So you should create a new topic and give some more details on the problem, OS, other effected updates and any other security based software that you have installed. If nothing else it may give something to work with as based on what you have posted no one can investigate.

midnight:
Why do I have a second user account on Avast Version 8.0.1483?

bob3160:

--- Quote from: oncalltek on April 15, 2013, 08:14:49 PM ---Hello Mr Pavels,
I think there is another bug not being addressed by this update. It is the Self-Defense module in Settings/Troubleshooting. It is checked by default. But , I think it is interfering with VPS updates and maybe any other kind of updates. Users have to turn off self-defense in order to get auto-update to work again...And that could leave the computer vulnerable to anti-virus disabling viruses...

--- End quote ---
Sorry but I've always had the self defense module active and have also always received auto VPS updates.

bob3160:

--- Quote from: -midnight on April 16, 2013, 08:16:33 PM ---Why do I have a second user account on Avast Version 8.0.1483?

--- End quote ---
If you're using the Software Updater function, the reason for the second account has already been explained.

midnight:

--- Quote from: bob3160 on April 16, 2013, 11:30:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: -midnight on April 16, 2013, 08:16:33 PM ---Why do I have a second user account on Avast Version 8.0.1483?

--- End quote ---
If you're using the Software Updater function, the reason for the second account has already been explained.

--- End quote ---

I don't have it set to automatically update and I never had 2 user accounts on this version when I first installed it.

I uninstalled this version late evening yesterday using the uninstall tool, or whatever it's called  in safe mode, restarted my computer and even with Avast not being installed it still showed the 2 user accounts.  I reinstalled Avast, rebooted and still have 2 users on the log in screen.  I've used Avast for years and years always liked it.  Now when I reboot I have to sit in front of my computer and click on my name before any programs will load.  This is totally unacceptable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version