Author Topic: Version 8 Default Scan Question  (Read 2056 times)

TwoShoes

Version 8 Default Scan Question
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:01:30 PM »
From the home page, whenever I click on the large Scan Button Avast automatically starts the default scan.  Is there a way to stop it from automatically initiating a scan and let me choose which one I want to run?  Essentially eliminating the Default Scan Option.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Version 8 Default Scan Question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
If you select the individual scans and then select more details there is the option to set the default scan

TwoShoes

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 11:37:59 PM »
Thanks for the Reply.  I may not have been clear, I don't want any one of them to be the default.  What I would like to see is when I click on the large Scan Button on the home page it presents me with all of the available scans and not automatically start the default scan.  The only way I see to turn off the "Default Scan" for one type of scan is to select it in one of the other available scans.  I would like to it be as it was in Version 7 and not automatically start a scan.  Or with the new GUI is there a different way to see all of the available scans including any custom scans I may have created without clicking on the large Scan Button on the home page?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »
Yes click on security and then antivirus.. A tad long winded, but it has been dumbed down a bit

TwoShoes

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 12:14:31 AM »
Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.  Probably saw that path before but didn't remember it.  Old age must be setting in!!!!!