Author Topic: Email account info change during avast install  (Read 2131 times)

croakingfrog

Email account info change during avast install
« on: March 06, 2005, 04:24:09 AM »
home edition  ( mine is 4.6 currently_ In my previous avaast my account server  incoming and outgoing info was changed during installation to read 127.0.01 and at the end of installtion all worked even though account ws modified.

had to reinstall  Avast (new harddrive ) now have 4.6 but my email account info this time has NOT changed - Server info is as if there was NO Avast installed yet all seems to be working ( no 127 0 0 1 stuff to be seen )

Tried to help a friend today in Zimbabwe - she was trying to make mailwasher work - got constant Invalid account name from mailwasher  and in her case Avast has modified the email tool account  info  --it added   after username   #pop

Can anyone tell me how avast can be installed but NOT change account server info  ( lke mine is - no changes) its the changes that seem to be the problem . If Avastis removed she is dead cos her account is all screwed up - any help or advice available - would sincerely appreciate it -- Cliff :(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Email account info change during avast install
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 04:42:12 AM »
You left out some important information. What OS?

And I suggest you read the help file. It is explained there.
or
You can use the search option on this board. It is also explained in many threads here.