Author Topic: Avast Premier Firefox Problems  (Read 1901 times)

Offline avastuser1243

Avast Premier Firefox Problems
« on: March 17, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
I recently purchased Avast Premier and set it to sandbox Firefox, but flash player always crashed when trying to play videos which is not a problem out of sandbox. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but this caused more problems. Now, whenever I open Firefox in sandbox an error message appears in red at the top of the screen saying: "The bookmarks and history system will not be functional because one of Firefox's files is in use by another application. Some security software can cause this problem". I have tried the solution in Mozilla's help section but it does not fix the problem. Again, this only happens in sandbox.
Any help with these problems would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've now noticed problems with sandbox in internet explorer. After a few minutes browsing, I get a message saying internet explorer has "stopped working", it checks for solutions and then says it needs to close. Are problems using the sandbox feature with browsers common?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:40:11 PM by avastuser1243 »

Offline avastuser1243

Re: Avast Premier Firefox Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:45 PM »
Am I doing something wrong or is this feature completely useless? I would be interested to read other people's experiences with sandboxing browsers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »
Sometimes, bookmark/history sync tools (like Xmarks, for instance) block the access to these features into Firefox. I'm not sure this is your case.
The best things in life are free.

eltonzoto

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »
Me too! I have Avast IS 8 with Comodo Dragon! :(