Author Topic: Enter avast! PIN  (Read 9283 times)

smdellin

Enter avast! PIN
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »
I just set up Avast Mobile on two Samsung Galaxy phones with no issue, but when setting up Samsung Tab 2 I get Enter avast! PIN. However I did not ever get far enough into the install to establish a PIN.

I searched the forum and have seen this to be a popular issue, but did not see how to resolve. I did not set up any of the anti theft or security features either.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling several times with no luck. I also tried to figure out how to do a thorough uninstall in case something was left behind, but again searches yielded no real good method to make sure tablet was cleaned of avast on the uninstall.

So how do I get past the Enter avast! PIN????

smdellin

Re: Enter avast! PIN
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »
Did I post in the right place? No sarcasim intended, but 60+ views and no help?

I love avast and would like to get it loaded on my Tablet soon. Anybody else experience this issue?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
Hi,

delete Mobile Security data. Uninstall both Mobile Security AND Anti-Theft. Disable settings synchronization on your tablet. Install Mobile Security.

Filip

smdellin

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:03 AM »
OK, found loading numerous devices at once can lead to confusion. It appears I did load security on this device and avast responded as it should have to protect my device.

I could not remember my pin so I had to do a factory reset. Then.......hours later found my pin notes from when I installed earlier.

Lesson learned, remember your pin!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:32:27 AM »
Hi,

you always should or at least you should set up a PIN recovery (probably using avast! Account since it is a tablet without a SIM probably).

Filip

harwood1968

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »
Hi Filip,

there you go on about avast! account again?!?! where do you enter this 'avast' account??????

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:39 PM »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

KentSmith

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »
I had the same problem and resolved this without reinstalling.

If you don't have a recovery pin setup, you can get it to send to the number of your "First Friend".
If you don't have a "First Friend" setup, you can set this number in your Avast account on the website.

Disable anti-theft from being a device administrator and recover your PIN
1. On you phone <system settings>,<security>,<device administrators>
2. uncheck the name of the app that anti-theft installed as (is an android robot icon), if you have the right one, it should say something like "This administrator is active and allows the app to: Erase all data, Change the screen-unlock password, lock the screen, etc.
3. Select the <Deactivate> button
4. It will ask for your Avast pin (which you don't know), BUT it also lets you choose to send a recovery pin, it will send you your "First Friend" phone number and will be active for 30 mins.  If you don't have a First Friend number set, follow the second set of steps below; "Set up a First Friend number via the web."
5. Start Avast, enter the recovery pin (which you got from step 4 above)
6. Click <Anti-theft><avast! PIN>
7. Change the Avast PIN
8. Set the phone number for PIN recovery
9. Follow steps 1. & 2. above to re-enable anti-theft as a device administrator

If you don't have a first friend setup...

Set up a "First Friend" number via the web.
1. Login to https://my.avast.com/en-gb
2. Select your device
3. Choose <Anti-Theft> and the <Settings> tab
4. Down the bottom is a <Change Settings> button, select it.
5. On the <Basic> tab, set the phone number of your "First Friend" and click OK
6. Follow the first set of steps above to "Disable anti-theft from being a device administrator and recover your PIN"

Regards

-KENT