Author Topic: NotePad Confuses Keyboard Mali URL warning - are the 2 Related  (Read 7339 times)

Dasha

Hi Pondus   
This post has been moved here to "Viruses and Worms" by request. 
The requested Logs are Attached Below It would not allow 5 Attachments so Excluded MWMB's Log as it was "No Virus Found"  Thanks Cobba Dasha

Hi I have either 2 separate Problem's or one big one? If I am incorrect' in Posting both of these together please advise me and I will move them immediately, to the correct area :-\

The first problem is' that every time I open a Note Pad txt Page then use it and then try and "Save As" It won't save? If I click on File> Save as> Copy OR Ctrl + C + V  it opens the Firefox Downloading Window! Thereafter my Keyboard becomes unusable, incorrectly typing every Letter and Symbol that I "Type' ? I can only fix it by "Closing" what I was using eg a Browser Page or Kingsoft Writer Doc Page and clearing the Firefox Tools > Clear Recent History Cache? This also happened twice with a Fax and Picture Viewer file I had saved to "the desktop" from a "!Quick Screen Catch File" when I deleted the File from the Desktop and cleaned FF Cache it worked OK again until the next time :-\

The other Problem; I have been getting this Malicious URL warning every 30 minutes for the last 4 hour's:

Infection Details
URL:   ht..://newworldtraf.pro/xmlrpc.php
Process:   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appl...
Infection:   URL:Mal

I tried to Google it to find out if it is a threat or just an error" but I can only get the website of this company that I have never heard of "newworldtraf.pro" / Can anyone give me some info please Dasha :D

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: NotePad Confuses Keyboard Mali URL warning - are the 2 Related
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
malware removers are notified, it may take hours before they arrive so be patient

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
Could you let me know if there is any change after this

Also could you expand this Process:   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appl... so that I can see the responsible file

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code: [Select]
:OTL
SRV - [2013/03/30 09:43:57 | 000,285,795 | ---- | M] () [Auto | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Hosts_Anti_Adwares_PUPs\HOSTS_Anti-Adware.exe -- (HOSTS Anti-PUPs)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [HOSTS Anti-Adware_PUPs] C:\Program Files\Hosts_Anti_Adwares_PUPs\HOSTS_Anti-Adware_main.exe ()
[2013/03/30 09:43:53 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\Hosts_Anti_Adwares_PUPs

:Commands
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

Dasha

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 01:58:07 AM »
Good morning essexboy, As requested except the C/DocSett/AllUsers/ had no Apllications Data in it I found it in C/DocSett/Owner/App...... Is that is what you wanted expanded :-\ see Jpegs
Edit: I forgot to mention that the Red Flag "Malicious URL" is still comming up" even as I was saving the OTL Log just now
Thanks Cobba Dasha  ;D

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:02:09 AM by Dasha »

Dasha

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »
malware removers are notified, it may take hours before they arrive so be patient

Thank you for your help Pondus :) Dasha

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 03:12:25 AM »
essexboy is in bed now....check back tomorrow

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 03:16:44 AM »
It is now 2:16am in the UK so essexboy will be in bed and should be back on-line later today.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Dasha

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 03:42:25 AM »
It is now 2:16am in the UK so essexboy will be in bed and should be back on-line later today.
  Thanks David no hurry Cheers Dasha

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
Ta that helps a tad, on completion of this run can you let me know what problems remain

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL

Code: [Select]
:OTL
[2013/03/26 08:00:54 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\_

[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[Reboot]
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

Dasha

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:35 AM »
thanks essexboy, the computer seems Okay but the "Malicious URL" red flag came up again during the OTL Run Fix - Re Boot, here is the Scan Log Cobba  :)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
Has it come back since or was it just whilst OTL was moving the files ?

Dasha

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:34 AM »
That's probably what it was? Te computer is going good so I will leave you in peace as you have given enough of your Easter to help me. Thank you for all your time and expertise as allway's it is greatly appreciated. Cheers for now essexboy Dasha ;) :)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Run OTL
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
     [Reboot]
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. 

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link

If you use on-line banking then as an added layer of protection install Trusteer Rapport

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated. To keep your operating system up to date visit To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe  :wave:

Dasha

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 12:09:31 AM »
Thanks essexboy, all done" and I will come back if I need you again, but so far all is well, Cheers Dasha :) ;D

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »
My pleasure  ;D