Author Topic: Avast Pro 8...incorrectly recording "Subscription Expired"  (Read 8935 times)

mikel123

Avast Pro 8...incorrectly recording "Subscription Expired"
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:06:44 AM »
During the course of a normal Windows Restore operation earlier today my Avast Pro 8 installation has gone corrupt and shows my subscription is expired. This is not correct. It is current until September of this year.

I am not able to insert the License Avastlic file..... when I attempt to do so I get an error comment...."File Not Found"

Can anyone assist please....how do I regain control my my current program?

Thanks...\\\

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast Pro 8...incorrectly recording "Subscription Expired"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
When doing a restore the avast self protection needs to be disabled which is why your probably getting problems now.

You can try a repair via the click uninstall then click repair process but if that doesn't work you'll have to perform a clean install of avast by using the aswclear ( removal tool ) to remove remnants and a fresh avast install.

agentstar

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
i dont undersatnd any of this.....PLEASE HELP.... i have same problem as well..

i went in computer safe mode where it says  ........ avast not registered .....etc....
but  when i visit avast in normal computer ....it does say that i am registered and still got 245 more days to go.....

do i need to do anything ???

4tainer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
When doing a restore the avast self protection needs to be disabled which is why your probably getting problems now.

You can try a repair via the click uninstall then click repair process but if that doesn't work you'll have to perform a clean install of avast by using the aswclear ( removal tool ) to remove remnants and a fresh avast install.

Damn, wish i knew that the other day, but thanks for that explanation: id Avast Free Antivirus installed, used a restore point (like the op) and soon as it rebooted started showing these burgundy color popups that my Avast "Pro" was expired. Tried the repair option which didnt work and been waiting to hear some sortof explanation of what caused it before doing a clean reinstall, caused others have reported the same or similar error but unrelated to restore points so wondering if its actually a version 8 problem

will update later when its reinstalled to confirm if Avast Free's working properly again

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 02:28:28 PM »
i dont undersatnd any of this.....PLEASE HELP.... i have same problem as well..

i went in computer safe mode where it says  ........ avast not registered .....etc....
but  when i visit avast in normal computer ....it does say that i am registered and still got 245 more days to go.....

do i need to do anything ???
If it works in normal mode then it's fine.

4tainer

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »
just to update, seems to be working fine again after the clean install

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »
just to update, seems to be working fine again after the clean install
Great :)

asanthes

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
I've got the same problem and I've tried everything but nothing is working except the firewall. I'm trying to download the internet security again. I got a warning not to download because this might harm my computer!!!  HELP PLEASE

mikel123

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:48:01 AM »
Thank you for the assist. I was not aware the avast self protection module has to be disabled prior to undertaking a System Restore.

An uninstall\reinstall solved my problem....thanks again....\\\\

agentstar

Re: Avast IS SAYING ....UNREGISTERED
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »
THANK YOU FOR REPLY..

yes i have avast that is working fine.. ok.... it did detect and quarantined a virus out of my usb removal ....

so your advise is to do nothing....

........when my  computer is in safe mode .. avast is saying in red text ......un registered but in normal avast is perfectly registered .......

is that not suggesting something suspicious ? can some one hacking into my AVAST ?
the real time scans  ( like   web pages etc.....) have never ever never detected anything at all, but all of them do say it scanned so many items but all of them have detected zero.... has anyone ever had  these scans detecting anything?

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 05:38:30 PM »
Thank you for the assist. I was not aware the avast self protection module has to be disabled prior to undertaking a System Restore.

An uninstall\reinstall solved my problem....thanks again....\\\\
Your welcome :)

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast IS SAYING ....UNREGISTERED
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
THANK YOU FOR REPLY..

yes i have avast that is working fine.. ok.... it did detect and quarantined a virus out of my usb removal ....

so your advise is to do nothing....

........when my  computer is in safe mode .. avast is saying in red text ......un registered but in normal avast is perfectly registered .......

is that not suggesting something suspicious ? can some one hacking into my AVAST ?
the real time scans  ( like   web pages etc.....) have never ever never detected anything at all, but all of them do say it scanned so many items but all of them have detected zero.... has anyone ever had  these scans detecting anything?
As I mentioned earlier if it works in normal mode then all is good.

When in safe mode most security applications don't work  ;)

schwell

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »
I had the same problem. I used avast uninstall tool, then ran malwarebytes, which detected "pum.disabled...firewall=1bad..." Deleted three of these "pum." and reinstalled avast. seems to work now.