Author Topic: PIN Recovery  (Read 30714 times)

reinhardholzner

Re: PIN Recovery
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »
have you installed newest version of Anti-Theft (including uninstall protection)? Have you set a PIN and habe you ENABLED Anti-Theft? Then it should not be possible! (I tried using that tool).

Just found a very easy way to uninstall Anti-Theft.

• Locate your device and look under Anti-Theft to find the disguise-name.
  • On your phone, download and install Gemini App Manager.
  • Open Gemini App Manager and long press on your disguise-name app. Select uninstall from the pop-up.
  • The next window will tell you that the app has Device Admin enabled...AND give you the option to disable it. Do so by unchecking the box.

Now you will be able to uninstall Anti-Theft.
I'm guessing that this would be effective on any phone as long as it wasn't locked.

Uncle Meat

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »
reinhardholzner - My wife's nexus 10 was stolen and we had a pin set for login AND we enabled the anti-theft with another pin. It was updated with the latest version of the free avast security app. What I want to know is can a "hard reset" still be performed with the Avast anti-theft installed and configured if the thief does not know the pin? Could the thief just start entering random numbers until he hit the right 6-digit combo, or does the anti-theft only allow so many attempts at entering a pin? I can't get any answers from the Avast support people because they tell me they don't provide support for their free applications.  :(

U.M.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »
I have been running Avast Mobile Security on my Nexus 7 for a couple of months without any problems.
Today, I cannot access Avast because it is demanding a PIN to be entered.
I cannot access the settings because it demands a PIN number.
I cannot uninstall in of my other apps, because Avast demands a PIN to be entered.
I have read the responses provided in this forum to other members experiencing this problem.
No definitive answer has been provided to resolve this issue.

I do not have a PIN number.
I have not provided a phone number.
The PIN '0000' does not work.
There is no provision to set a PIN or provide a phone number.
I have not set anti theft, and have no wish to.

Please give me a clear answer to resolve this problem.

Thank you

Chris

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 03:07:55 PM »
Hi I have upgraded and had to do a sim swap to the smaller sim.  But when I put it in to my phone it keep saying the phone is stolen.  I have put in the pin but it keep saying its stolen. please help

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 07:24:48 AM »
Hi I have upgraded and had to do a sim swap to the smaller sim.  But when I put it in to my phone it keep saying the phone is stolen.  I have put in the pin but it keep saying its stolen. please help
-> http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB135#artTitle (Changing a SIM card)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
Hi,
My mobile has been locked by Avast anti theft no icons are available except PIN since i have tried all the PIN's which i used to put.
i am unable to unlock my phone kindly assist me at earliest

Regards
vignesh

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
Hi, My mobile has been locked by Avast anti theft no icons are available except PIN since i have tried all the PIN's which i used to put. i am unable to unlock my phone kindly assist me at earliest
See Reply #19.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »
hie my phone is locked by avast anti theft please assist me its now 3 DAYS and l need to do my school project

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 05:57:56 PM »
hie my phone is locked by avast anti theft please assist me its now 3 DAYS and l need to do my school project
Enter your Avast-PIN.