Author Topic: system32 infected?  (Read 10245 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: system32 infected?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
We could try a clean boot to determine if a driver is causing the instability

Next we will check for driver conflicts

Step 1: Start MSConfig

Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.

Step 2: Configure Selective Startup options

1.In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.

2.Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.

3.Click the Services tab.

4.Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
5.Click Disable All, and then click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

Once back in windows does the problem still occur ?

lewymorry

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »
Funnily enough the system instability has now gone despite it taking an eternity and a half of rebooting. Would that mean my system is pretty much fine now? And it might just be the game? Either way I appreciate your help so so much and it has certainly improved my laptop's behaviour  !

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:13 PM »
Could you run as normal and tomorrow let me know how it is behaving

lewymorry

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 11:58:35 PM »
Absolutely! I can't describe how grateful I am for this excellent quality of service (Y)

lewymorry

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 12:54:46 PM »
Performed a disk check this morning and a lot of 'fixes' were claimed to be made but regardless it appears to be running smoothly and back to how it usually was ! Just the game that is still bringing up errors whilst I'm trying to reinstall it (CRC) errors. Currently got a ticket with thier customer support to try and find out what this is !

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »
CRC errors indicate corruption within the file that is trying to load .. Does a file name get stated ?

lewymorry

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
"CRC error: The file E:\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.36\deploy\css\fonts_pl_PL.swf.cache doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted, contact your software vendor". I read up about people who chose to ignore the error and said that they get many of these same errors, and upon completion the game is unplayable which is my original problem so I chose to abort the installation for now.  :'(

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »
There is a corruption within the disc that you are trying to install from.. Can you get a downloadable copy of the set up files ?

lewymorry

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »
Yeah yeah the game I'm installing is from the downloader installed off the website. I've tried redownloading it this morning and reinstalling but hitting the same error :/

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
That sounds like the installer on the website is corrupt

lewymorry

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
Hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted out soon ! Thanks again so much for all the help you have given me though I honestly can't thank you enough  ;D

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Remove ComboFix
  • Hold down the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will display the Run dialogue box
  • In the Run box, type in ComboFix /Uninstall
     (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
    then click OK

• Follow the prompts on the screen
  • A message should appear confirming that ComboFix was uninstalled
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. 

Clear Restore Points

Go Start > All Programmes > Accessories > System tools
Right click Disc Cleanup and select run as administrator
When it pops up at the first prompt select OK after it has done some calculations the tabs will appear
Select More Options tab
Press Sytem Restore and Shadow Copies Cleanup button

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link

If you use on-line banking then as an added layer of protection install Trusteer Rapport

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated. To keep your operating system up to date visit To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe  :wave:

lewymorry

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 08:30:22 PM »
Hi again ! I'd just like to say how thankful I am again for your help. My laptop is running smoothly in all ways apart from the mystery corrupted files which I am sure is related to Net.Framework in some way. How that is tying into the game I dont know but I appreciate everything man !

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »
Well you could uninstall and then re-install net framework if necessary but, I do not believe it is needed for that programme

lewymorry

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
Yeah yeah I've tried a Net framework cleanup tool that uninstalled all versions but the sfc /scannow and CHKDSK checks both detected a form of corruption/errors that they were unable to fix. I'm almost certain it is to do with Net framework despite having uninstalled and reinstalled them :/