Author Topic: Avast firewall and Comodo firewall  (Read 3312 times)

Defence

Avast firewall and Comodo firewall
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
İf ı use comodo firewall and avast firewall both, is it possible, works together fine?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Avast firewall and Comodo firewall
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:29:19 PM »
no, dont run two software firewalls

Defence

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
Ok, ı install avast internet security now, which one is the best comodo firewall or avast firewall?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »
Ok, ı install avast internet security now, which one is the best comodo firewall or avast firewall?
i like the one that is problem free and dont ask complicated questions    windows firewall   ;)
and since i am also behind a hardware firewall in the ISP box i dont see the need to use anything else.... but thats me

Arnold72

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »

For the sake of compatibility i would stick with the avast firewall. 8)

J.Stalin

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »
Comodo firewall v5.12 works extremely good together with Avast 7, although a few things should be taken into account.
1) CFW will only work 100% on Win XP. On Win 7 you must disable the Avast webshield.
2) Read the Comodo forum first, if you consider installing the new CFW version 6, then you probably won't.
This said, CFW v5.12 is in my opinion the absolute best firewall, although the learning curve is rather long....

Arnold72

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:03:27 AM »
Comodo firewall v5.12 works extremely good together with Avast 7, although a few things should be taken into account.
1) CFW will only work 100% on Win XP. On Win 7 you must disable the Avast webshield.
2) Read the Comodo forum first, if you consider installing the new CFW version 6, then you probably won't.
This said, CFW v5.12 is in my opinion the absolute best firewall, although the learning curve is rather long....

Im running comodo firewall 5.12 with avast 8 and there are no problems with the webshield at all.