Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Just upgraded from Free Avast and things are worse.
(1/4) > >>
SpeedAgent:
Last week I upgraded when my "free" version of Avast expired.  It was only $30 for 3 PCs.  Immediately after activating the license I got a very odd spam email, one I have not seen before and is uncommon in my inbox.  I tried not to think much of it until other things started to work differently.  I now get pop ups on some website that I never got pop ups on before.  Also, this morning my scroll feature stopped working on my laptop pad.  I assumed some malware or virus had infected my system.  Avast updated itself this morning, but did not indicate any problems.  I ran SpyHunter and within 10 seconds it quarantined a pretty serious malware infection. 

My question is- What is going on here?  I have paid $30 for protection that seems to have no intent to protect and may not even have the ability to detect, let alone protect.

I'm considering just calling and asking for a refund.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I don't need this hassle if the product is ineffective.

Chris
essexboy:
What did spyhunter detect ?
Pondus:

--- Quote --- I ran SpyHunter and within 10 seconds it quarantined a pretty serious malware infection. 
--- End quote ---
no security program have 100% detection

so as Essexboy said what file did spyhunter detect, and where was it located.... full file path

SpeedAgent:
SpyHunter does not seem to have a quarantine history so I do not have the path, but it was a web traffic malware that was rated medium/high risk.  I have not had malware detected by SpyHunter for at least six months so with the various new issues I'm suspecting that Avast is not the right solution for me.  I was better off before I bought it.

essexboy:
By that do you mean a PUP..  Ie some toolbar or the like ?  If it was web bound malware then webshield would have blocked it SpyHunter must have some sort of log
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version