Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Just upgraded from Free Avast and things are worse.
<< < (2/4) > >>
SpeedAgent:
I have the path- the malware was removed yesterday by SpyHunter, but it is back this morning.  Avast still did not see it.  Here is the path:

C:\Users\ChrisM\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\Default\WebData:mywebsearch.com

If anyone can be of assistance it would be very helpful.  My pointer/scroll stopped working again so I assumed I had a bug and ran spyware- yep, it was back.

Chris
Pondus:

--- Quote ---C:\Users\ChrisM\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\Default\WebData:mywebsearch.com
--- End quote ---
browser hijacker, try this
run AdwCleaner..... click delete.... post log here
you find it here  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

to check for any leftovers, also attach a OTL diagnostic log

essexboy:
Websearch is not classified as a virus but as a PUP, as believe it or not some people install that voluntarily, and they would get annoyed if Avast removed it
SpeedAgent:
I did the AdwCleaner and restarted and the MyWebSearch.com came back.  I ran spyhunter again and it removed it then I sent Enigma (spyhunter developer) a support ticket to see if there was something they could do.  I'm assuming every time I open my browser it will return.
essexboy:
I could have a look if you wish.. What browser is it in .. If FF are you synching it with an online backup ?

Download OTL  to your Desktop
Secondary link
[*]Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

[*]Select All Users
[*]Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
BASESERVICES
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
services.*
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
Userinit.exe
svchost.exe
winsock.*
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT

[*]Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
[*]When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
[*]Post  both logs[/list][/list]
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version