Author Topic: professional trial  (Read 5365 times)

roo319

professional trial
« on: March 24, 2005, 02:39:38 PM »
Hi

I was going to buy the professional edition of Avast, but thought i would try out the trial version first.

But it only gave me 4 days before the licence expired.

I spat the dummy and reinstalled the free version.

Now i am not sure to purchase avast or try something else.

Disappointed about the trial.

Cheers :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: professional trial
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 03:47:57 PM »
I was going to buy the professional edition of Avast, but thought i would try out the trial version first.
But it only gave me 4 days before the licence expired.
Disappointed about the trial.

Why? Trial version can be used for 60 days but you can't receive a greater period after you install it once in the computer.
This is an antipiracy feature.
Anyway, I'm sure if you ask for an extended period, you can ask on sales@avast.com
If you install the Home version and do not Register, the trial period start to be 'used'.
Anyway, check your system date and time  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 03:56:07 PM »
If you uninstalled the pro trial version for any reason (or make changes to the system date, outside of the start or end date of the trial), I believe that effectively ends the trial period.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

roo319

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 04:06:54 PM »
Hi Technical and DavidR

The home version was registered but since i was going to get the paid version i thought i may aswell install the trial version.

That was the first and only time i have tried the trial version.

Cheers

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 04:12:29 PM »
I'm sure that if you explain the circumstances of the problem it will be looked on favourably as Technical suggested.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

roo319

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 04:25:45 PM »
I'm sure that if you explain the circumstances of the problem it will be looked on favourably as Technical suggested.

Hi Again DavidR
Yes i hope you and Technical are right as i have sent an email to the sales department explaining my problem.
I am downloading the professional edition again just to see if there was a problem with the download.

I will wait and see what the sales department has to say before i reinstall it.

Cheers roo319 ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 04:32:09 PM »

I'm not sure but, maybe, if you register the Home version again and use another key, maybe the trial version works for more 60 days.
I'm not sure because exactly for this situations the antipiracy feature works...  ::)
The best things in life are free.

roo319

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 04:36:22 PM »

I'm not sure but, maybe, if you register the Home version again and use another key, maybe the trial version works for more 60 days.
I'm not sure because exactly for this situations the antipiracy feature works...  ::)

Hi Technical

If i don't here back from the sales department i will give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 05:29:35 PM »
I'm quite sure reinstallation won't help.
I've just sent you a 60days key by PM - just enter it as an ordinary key.

Hope it helps.

roo319

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 12:58:52 AM »
Hello igor

Thanks a million for the new key

Chers roo