Author Topic: HijackThis shows missing files...  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Vuyo

• I'm a llama!
HijackThis shows missing files...
« on: March 24, 2005, 08:15:56 PM »
A latest log of HijackThis shows that the ashMai.exe and ashWebSv.exe have file missing. Do I need to worry? The grc leaktest ver 1.2 shows firewall penetration even when not connected to the internet, but when I disable the web shield the firewall passes the leaktest. Is this normal?
Win 10 Pro, avast Pro Antivirus, SpywareBlaster v5, SuperAntiSpyware Pro v8.0.1038, Comodo Firewall.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HijackThis shows missing files...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:42:17 PM »
Hijackthis has a flaw in reporting this in avast, it says mine are missing too, I can assure you that they are there and working (check in explorer, the path to the supposed missing files), otherwise ashMaiSv.exe and ashWebSv.exe couldn't run, so no email or web shield.

It shows that your firewall is not effectively monitoring the localhost proxy, used by web shield, so as far as it is concerned it only sees web shield and not the browsers or anything else using the http port and going through web shield's localhost proxy.

At a guess you are using Sygate firewall? If so you need to look at the threads about sygate and avast on how to set things up as a work around to this sygate flaw.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline xistenz

• Poster
Re: HijackThis shows missing files...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:30:09 AM »
Hi Vuyo,

Make sure you are running the latest version of avast! and your firewall. I use Sygate (5.6) and Leaktest 1.2 was detected by Sygate with the WebShield running.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 08:01:19 AM by xistenz »